Gibson Brands Forums

CRaZy tIMEs INdEEd

brad1

2 minutes ago, Mutha said:

Up to today I wasn`t to worried, now their closing the pubs. This just got serious.

For feck sake we`re Irish, what the hell we gonna do now?

Beer hoarding is next?????

9 minutes ago, labomba said:

I been waiting for coronas to go on sale to get my summer supply. Their sales went down a bunch the last few weeks. 🤪

I've been thinking of buying stock. 

You know it's going to go back up. 

• Like 1

Fed just slashed interest rates to near zero. Refinancing just entered the realm of possibilities.

Gotta make it through this though. Very dangerous virus. Supposed to hit older people (I just entered that category 3 weeks ago at 60) but some younger folks have died as well. Maybe they were all smokers but maybe some people are very susceptible to it and have an exaggerated reaction. Not to be a sky is falling kinda guy but healthy respect is needed for this virus. Killed 368 in Italy in one day.

My wife's business is probably going to close for at least a month. President of our group called me today and said she'd rather I work from home (since I am now in the elevated risk category). Problem is I have no equipment at home, it's all been gone since the fire. 

Crazy times indeed.

I'm waiting to be told that we're working from home for a bit.  

Until then, it's off to work in a giant petri dish of a government building and hope for the best.

I believe we should take this very seriously as it's quite contagious with no immunity or cure for it at the moment.

Oh, no problem buying coffee and pipe tobacco which pretty much takes care of my nutritional wants.  We have food and water so no big panic from me.  My local grocery store seemed fine last night with nothing out of the ordinary aside from few shoppers, I have to take two prescription meds but they're not due to run out for a while and I can't refill them ahead of time.

I currently have tortoise food and frozen rodents for the snakes and lizards and I plan on hoarding one roll of emergency butt wipes (hidden from the wife).

With any luck, we'll all get through this okay but it's going to be a long haul situation, not 2-4 weeks and it blows over.  

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 8:31 AM, brad1 said:

Let me start by saying I am a public school teacher. And yesterday, before I left school we were all told that the school district was going to be closing all schools for the next 4 weeks.

So it looks like I am going to have a whole lot of extra time to play my drums and guitars!\:D/

I just got back from the grocery store. I like to go early on saturdays to avoid the rush. I was there at 7:30 this morning. Usually there is about 5 people there.

This  morning the place was packed with people. No toilet paper, no water. Just like the news has been saying.

People are just nuts sometimes.  

How is this covid-19 crap affecting you? [confused]

Same thing down here. Went to the grocery store yesterday morning, at a time when it's usually fairly empty… and it was the day before Thanksgiving X 100! 

No water, no pasta, no pasta sauce, no eggs, no bread, no soup… totally ridiculous. People are freaking out and behaving incredibly selfishly. There are no shortages—but people, in their unjustified fear and panic, are creating shortages. What will it be like when there's a real—immediate—crisis? 

Went back today to see if I could get some things that we couldn't yesterday… and I scored a dozen eggs! I got there just as they were re-stocking them. Winning! 😄 

As of this week, I am working from home indefinitely. I go in tomorrow morning to gather my computer and any other items I might need, and then head home.

I can't understand why everyone is hording loo roles, people seem to be obsessed with them, for the most part the virus causes problems at the other end, if it gets to that end you'll be in hospital anyway, what are you going to do, take your stash of loo roles with you? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SteveFord said:

They closed work for (at least) two weeks.

I'm just a dirty contractor for NASA so my health they could give a rip about. Plus we have a test in our wind tunnel and they want to finish it. Mission Critical is the buzz word.

I switched to the hard stuff years ago. F plopping down $10  for a sixer, and how many variations of IPA's do we need.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Told to work from home today, we'll see how many more days get added. 

No matter how pictures we saw, still couldn't believe how empty the local Wally World was this weekend.  People are crazy, we're wondering if we'll be able to get bread and milk by the end of thee week - there was none to be had.

Schools closing, no social gatherings larger than 25 in Mass so there went the bars.

On the bright side, home with my dog, my guitars and Spring is Thursday. 

Here in Kentucky, they've closed schools until April 6th, at least. Bars and restaurants dine-in is closed until further notice and we have a number of gigs lined up this month through June that may or may not happen now. I work in IT and a lot of what I do, I can do remotely but still have to come into my office at the distillery at this time. I'm keeping my door closed and locked unless necessary. Grocery stores and other big box stores have been probably down to about 1/2 to 2/3 stock on their shelves with all milk, eggs, bread, toilet paper and paper towels gone along with hand sanitizer and soap. Grocery stores and big box stores are closing from 10 PM to 7 AM to allow their staff to restock during that time. Starbucks closed except drive through. Some restaurants still allowing drive through or pickup at this time. It's a mess.

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

Saturday we were in a whiteout and got rear ended. Totaled my Impala. 

This morning my Jack Russell Terrier (Dobby) passed away.

I suspect I will get Coronavirus within the next couple days.

Sorry to hear it KSD, here's to better day's