Gibson Brands Forums

New Parallel Universe Fender.. Even more like a Gibson?

Rabs

Very nice. 

Versatile, and the coil tapping makes it even more so. 

Doesn't sound like a Strat, doesn't sound like a Les Paul. 

Sounds like a 1998 Carvin guitar that Joe Walsh probably imagined, and never had built. 
(Probably because he fell asleep on a plane bound for Paris, and woke up wondering where he was.)

😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Very nice. 

Versatile, and the coil tapping makes it even more so. 

Doesn't sound like a Strat, doesn't sound like a Les Paul. 

Sounds like a 1998 Carvin guitar that Joe Walsh probably imagined, and never had built. 
(Probably because he fell asleep on a plane bound for Paris, and woke up wondering where he was.)

😀

I like your observation.

That’s not my kind of guitar but don’t see why it won’t sound ok or do its job. Definitely different for Fender. But like Gibson, if you change up the LP or something, people notice and don’t like the “innovation” no matter big or small. I admit I think of the 50s LPs as the coolest so I don’t get into Gibson’s new designs - except the Nighthawk of course haha! I mean a Nighthawk is sort of a cross between a Fender and a Gibson TBH.

I don’t think this guitar will be one of Fender’s best sellers necessarily but someone will get one somewhere... might be a great guitar for them - only hope so. Either way I would probably not be interested in owning this new Fender guitar. Just by the way it looks... I like the guitars I already have haha! I keep telling myself that