Gibson Brands Forums

Making fun of forums / social media / groups....

ksdaddy

I copied this from FB. I found it amusing and I'm sharing it with no malice, just poking fun of forums....

Q: How many group members does it take to change a light bulb ?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.

6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jerks.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.

49 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)

19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.

11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.

24 to discuss the merits of LED/swirly fluorescent light bulbs

44 to claim LED and fluorescent bulbs will kill you.

12 to post F.

8 to ask what F means.

7 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.

3 to say "can't share"

2 to reply "can't share from a closed group"

36 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.

6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb. This usually takes place within the first three comments.

50 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.

1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

The internet for all its "good" that it brings has a lot of garbage too.  Once we were able to start talking to each other non-stop via our "phones" (more like internet devices) say about 10 years or so, give or take, the world got a lot smaller.  People have always been the way they are even today.  We just have the means to tune into it more frequently with tech today.  Information today moves like wildfire across the world.  This, is what is different today.  And yes, you will get a trillion opinions on the internet about something as trivial as changing a light bulb where it goes off the tracks more than it stays the course.  I just accept it as entertainment these days.  Grab your popcorn and soda to enjoy the show, haha! 

Edited by NighthawkChris

OK....  how about adding...

5 claiming they make their own bulbs and don't rely on those store bought pieces of crap.

40+  who will post, when anyone mentions their light bulbs burned out;  "So sorry for your loss.  You're in our prayers!"  :rolleyes:

a total 70 or more "likes" on each of those  36 posted pics of light bulbs.

Not to mention the numerous misspellings and horrid grammar in most of the posts.   ie;  "When my lite bulb berns out it gets dark in hear."

And NIGHTHAWK!

Surprised to see a Detroit boy call it "soda" instead of "pop".  [wink]

Whitefang

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

40+  who will post, when anyone mentions their light bulbs burned out;  "So sorry for your loss.  You're in our prayers!"  :rolleyes:

🤣

That will get it's own separate thread!!! 

Edited by Big Bill

You forgot some just needs to come by and add a sad, or confused emoji.

I don't usually add an emoji, but if I do its gonna be the steaming piece of poo emoji. If they had a Zappa mustache emoji, I would use it all the time for no reason at all.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 to mention that a particular brand of lightbulb is used by a particular "famous" person

35 to chime in that they use that same brand of lightbulb 

1 to mention that anyone can use lightbulbs, but it takes a special person to use that particular brand of bulb

1 to describe that light bulb brand in terms that are glowing, but mostly incomprehensible.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

1 to mention that a particular brand of lightbulb is used by a particular "famous" person

35 to chime in that they use that same brand of lightbulb 

1 to mention that anyone can use lightbulbs, but it takes a special person to use that particular brand of bulb

1 to describe that light bulb brand in terms that are glowing, but mostly incomprehensible.

RBSinTo

And one guy posting that was not invited to the party.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Maybe he OD'd on those testosterone pills they peddle on obscure cable channels.  In between all the catheter commercials.  [wink]

Whitefang

I hope one of his side effects in an uncontrollably oily rectal discharge. 

• Haha 1