Gibson Brands Forums

M2M Acoustic

Tman

I love my LP made 2 measure. I asked John at Instrumental music if they would do an acoustic. He said absolutely, "I know the guy to talk to, what do you want?"

I want a maple J-45 with 5 star quilted maple. Open faced tuners and I want to be natural, like the AJ (he had in the store a few years ago). I put in the order and it came it today! Look at that back!

SpNGVbK.jpgr5EXx9q.jpg

u3fQGRr.jpg

Also asked for a distinctive headstock inlay which they let me choose. Finally a new type of case I haven't seen before. Phenomenal all around.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Use frozen peas and a jock strap. That’s what I had to use after my vasectomy.

lolz

Mine was 1982.  I had nothing.  23 Heinekens and three packsa smokes a day for three days.

And, well, every day before that and after that for quite some time.

rct

Wow!  That's a stunner!  Good on you, Tman!   I've got to find a YT vid that samples what a guitar like that would sound like. 

Maybe pull that guard, though.  Sorry, it's like a plastic purse hanging on a supermodel.  Guess I'll just never get used to those firestripes.

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We got traditions to keep here. The Lounge should only one thread called “Post Whatever Suits You Here”. 
Is the maple all snappy and bright?

Derailing is good, To paraphrase John Hiatt, kinda like they thought about it.

The Maple is snappy and bright and it really projects with a resonant bass like a J-200 (really sounds like I know what I'm talking about). I played it all last night. I'm over the moon.

3 hours ago, IanHenry said:

Wow, just awesome 😀

Thanks Ian, love the J-45 and this one is really unique

3 hours ago, jedzep said:

Wow!  That's a stunner!  Good on you, Tman!   I've got to find a YT vid that samples what a guitar like that would sound like. 

Maybe pull that guard, though.  Sorry, it's like a plastic purse hanging on a supermodel.  Guess I'll just never get used to those firestripes.

Funny story about that. There were 3 to choose from, this one, tortoise, and black. My wife loves Jackson Brown and I really loved the AJ Maple that I played (except I wanted everything that the J-45 was). Et Voila. Now that you said that though it's hard to unsee the visual. Maybe even a glitter plastic. Oh well I'm still in the in love phase.

2 hours ago, kidblast said:

That's a beauty Tman, the figuring on the back of that guitar is a sight to behold.

Congrats!

Thanks Kid, I told the Gibson guy I wanted amazing quilt, he said, "I've got just the piece".

1 hour ago, kelly campbell said:

Beautiful

Thanks Kelly

55 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Simply stunning!

CONGRATZ!

Thanks Rob

35 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Outstanding!   You have nailed the age old question "If you could only have one guitar on a deserted island?" 

I'm pretty sure if you take that out into the sun - the back will become translucent and iridescent.   Make you want to cry.  

I did and I did shed a few tears

26 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

That is a beauty! I’d love to hear the Maple Sound. Congrats & enjoy..

Thanks! I'm going to make a comparison video between a mahogany and this one. I think there is a big difference, hopefully it'll project.

17 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That back is stunning. You deserved it all you been through.

Totally agree with this.  Many congratulations.

I have a maple and spruce f-hole archtop; bright and snappy with great tone and projection. 

[thumbup]

Thanks jdgm, Rabs, and merciful -e, my friends from across the pond (along with Farms whom I speak to regularly) and Pippy, one L, where you B?

My brother, who contracted covid whilst here last week (doing fine and negative now) lives in Guilford and I will visit this fall or next year. I'll bring it. Let's have a jam session?

Thanks ordinary and ghost, I'm still in the pinch me phase.

Edited by Tman