Gibson Brands Forums

For those who don't know

BigKahune

I was going to post up something yesterday (Thursday), but couldn't find the words. So for those on the Acoustics here -

KSdaddy's wife died yesterday.

He announced it in the Lounge under the topic "She's gone" - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/61294-shes-gone/

I'm sorry to bring you this news.

- Mike

She's gone . . . . . Quietly, full of morphine for the pain. I'm going to be screwed up for a while guys.

>

> snipped replies <

>

Thanks guys. This is no fun. I spent all day with her for the most part. We had lots of company. She had gone to the ER Monday because she was so congested. They thought pneumonia had set in and they planned to get rid of the fluid but the Dr said it was the cancer taking over and sent her home.

To my knowledge she hasn't been aware of her surroundings since yesterday morning. Hospice had brought a hospital bed and oxygen and they upped her morphine. She made it plain she did not want to be in any pain. She left letters to our girls, which were given to them earlier tonight.

I had all the chances in the world to say goodbye and I used every one. I'm at a loss but thankfully it was quick.

I know this has nothing to do with Gibson guitars but you guys are my extended family.

Scott

We knew it was coming. It seemed like something that was a long ways off... particularly since they gave her 10 months about 3 weeks ago.

If you haven't gone through it, I'm going to be honest. It's worse than you may have pictured. We've all lost loved ones, I have too. But not like this. I'm not dealing with it well at all. Nobody should ever have to go through this.

Tammie's obit

Scott, that is a lovely tribute to her. It made me cry, but it really exemplifies what a great person she was and how loved she was. You weren't given much time to process all of this. Not fair.

+1

it was beautifully written x

Matt

Oh Scott, I'm so sad for your loss... you're right -- it IS worse than imaginable. I pray that your present grief will ease with time, and that you'll find comfort in what you said: "I had all the chances in the world to say goodbye and I used every one. I'm at a loss but thankfully it was quick".

My mom has been here (in body - her mind is long gone) 4 times longer than they said when diagnosed -- the last year and a half we have all been praying for the mercy of a quick and gentle end.

Take care...

My deepest condolences. I don't have any words that are good enough nor the experience to pretend I could even understand the difficulty of the situation. So for what it is worth you have my best wishes and condolences.

Here on the Forum, we see names and posts without ever really putting a face to them. We grow to know each other only by our computers and guitars. I feel like Scott aka KSDaddy is a personal friend of mine through our correspondance on the Forum. Scott, may God's peace be with you and your family throughout this time of loss of a loved one. My heart goes out for you my friend.

At times like this, my words seem hollow and helpless but nevertheless , I am sorry for your pain and loss.

Think of this as another pair of arms in a large cyber-family 'group hug'. God Speed you through this with re-newed strength.

Rod

Scott.....I am so sorry for your loss! Just remember that although the pain of losing someone so close never really goes away, time eases some of the pain. In a while when you think of her, the tears may flow, but you will also smile because you can think of the joy she brought to you while she was here.

Never forget all the good times and she will live in your heart forever!

Archived