Gibson Brands Forums

Quiz - Is this a Relic or Original Vintage

Rabs

Another 75% here.

Got the Gold-Top and the last one (Gretsch?) wrong. I thought the t'p and bridge of the GT looked chrome plated......eusa_think.gif......I'm going to have another look at that one...

Pip.

Another 75% here.

Got the Gold-Top and the last one (Gretsch?) wrong. I thought the t'p and bridge of the GT looked chrome plated......eusa_think.gif......I'm going to have another look at that one...

Pip.

I thought the Gretsch looked like Malcom Young’s so I thought it must be original. The Frampton one tricked me though!

I thought the Gretsch looked like Malcom Young's so I thought it must be original. The Frampton one tricked me though!

I had not a single clue as to the Gretsch but the 'Frampton' has a Nashville bridge so something is clearly fishy here because I seriously doubt the genuine CS reissues had a Nash.As far as the Gold-Top is concerned (not that I'm a Bad Loser...msp_laugh.gif...) the text says it's a 1952 Gold-Top.

A 1952 Les Paul with a chrome-plated stop-tail and ABR-1 bridge?......eusa_liar.gif.......As the late Alan Clarke, MP, might have said;"Someone is being economic with the actualité...'

I felt we were being cheated here. Not quite the straight bat.

Pip.

Another 75% here.

Pip.

I got the Gold Top right but missed the Gretsch, Some of those relics fooled me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived