Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

Today was my weekly music gig at Gusto Coffeehouse.  Nice to be back in part of my regular routine.  Been back for a month now.  Don’t know  went my Friday gig at Caribou Coffee will resume,  We’ve got three large school districts now challenging the county over its COVID restrictions on sporting events and asking for the names of the medical authorities giving advice to the county.   For example, only the parents can attend outdoor sporting events, but the gymnasium is full for volley ball.  Anyway, it’s interesting to see so many people saying “Enough!”   ........Fall is definitely arriving here in the Midwest.  I like seeing the seasons change.  Cooler weather and more cloudy days, getting dark earlier.  I like that.  Kind of gives me a secure feeling and I also tend to write more.

• Like 1

7 more days till October. I'm promised my guitar will show up in October.  I'll keep close tabs with Dietze through October. They know It's been ridiculous on their part.  I will be ticked if No Show!  Especially waiting 4 months for a guitar. They said I get 2 free complete setups for waiting. Maybe I should do one free setup and one free guitar case?  Haha.

17 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Today was my weekly music gig at Gusto Coffeehouse.  Nice to be back in part of my regular routine.  Been back for a month now.  Don’t know  went my Friday gig at Caribou Coffee will resume,  We’ve got three large school districts now challenging the county over its COVID restrictions on sporting events and asking for the names of the medical authorities giving advice to the county.   For example, only the parents can attend outdoor sporting events, but the gymnasium is full for volley ball.  Anyway, it’s interesting to see so many people saying “Enough!”   ........Fall is definitely arriving here in the Midwest.  I like seeing the seasons change.  Cooler weather and more cloudy days, getting dark earlier.  I like that.  Kind of gives me a secure feeling and I also tend to write more.

Agree.  Hopefully the change in seasons will bring a change in what we've been experiencing for the past 6 months.  Our dogs seem to like going out in the morning and finding it's 20 degrees cooler.  Must have something to do with their fur coats.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Agree.  Hopefully the change in seasons will bring a change in what we've been experiencing for the past 6 months.  Our dogs seem to like going out in the morning and finding it's 20 degrees cooler.  Must have something to do with their fur coats.  

Yeah, I think lots of folks have more “get up and go” when the the heat is fading.  Today it’s supposed to be around 84 here.  Certainly not a scorcher, but warmer than the last few days.  Hell, when I was twenty-five the heat didn’t bother me.  Used to play softball when it was upper 90s and 100+.  Now, if it’s in the mid 80s I don’t want to go outside....lol....One of the big advantages of being retired is that if you don’t want to do something, you usually don’t do it.  So, since my wife is over our daughter’s until around 3pm......means I’ll be napping, playing guitar, napping, fool around with my model railroad, napping, eating, napping.  Looks like a busy day!

Edited by MissouriPicker

Mowed this morning and ran trash out for pickup.  Exciting Huh?  Lol Yesterday was busy running back and forth from 2 guitar stores and finally came home with my brand new Epiphone Riviera in a box.  Unfortunately, It didn't come from Dietze Music as they failed to produce the guitar. So I had to get the new one that Guitar Center had.  Not really found of GC as they turned me off in the past. Their employees they hire remind me of the management at the Railroad, but like I told Deb, Heh? At least they have the guitar and now at the same match price as Dietze.  So Later I will take a photo of it and Ask Rob, (Digger) to post it on the Lounge.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Retired said:

Mowed this morning and ran trash out for pickup.  Exciting Huh?  Lol Yesterday was busy running back and forth from 2 guitar stores and finally came home with my brand new Epiphone Riviera in a box.  Unfortunately, It didn't come from Dietze Music as they failed to produce the guitar. So I had to get the new one that Guitar Center had.  Not really found of GC as they turned me off in the past. Their employees they hire remind me of the management at the Railroad, but like I told Deb, Heh? At least they have the guitar and now at the same match price as Dietze.  So Later I will take a photo of it and Ask Rob, (Digger) to post it on the Lounge.  

Guitar - congrats!  Sorry it was such an issue - but you tried every which way to give your biz to Dietze - so good for you for finally getting it, rock on!

• Like 1

Trimmed the back hedge for the last time this year. Though I may try to do the tops if Cherry comes around to hold the ladder later. All the cuttings went in the 'Green Waste' Bin which is collected fortnightly. 

When I did the same job earlier this year there were 3 times more cuttings to dispose of. Even with Cherry's help, that took half a day. 

6 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Guitar - congrats!  Sorry it was such an issue - but you tried every which way to give your biz to Dietze - so good for you for finally getting it, rock on!

Thanks, I sort of felt bad as when we left, Ned was very depressed as his face was disappointed they couldn't deliver.  Heh, I told him I wanted to do business here, I waited almost 4 months but you guys can't promise I'll get it even next January!  I also asked if they would just give me that $1,700.00 Gibson hanging up there for the Riviera price, I'll go home with that one! Lol. They said, Nope.  See, I tried? 

23 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Got me a new chainsaw, one of those battery operated ones.   Definitely not something you'd take on a survival mission - but for the worse that can happen on 1/2 acre of suburbia, it's freakin cool.  Push a button, it starts.  I love battery things.

I have a small Kobalt chainsaw, powered by a LiO battery. 

This thing is a hoss
It really cuts, and I don't just mean limbs and branches. 
I have brought down many full-sized pine trees with it. 

🙂

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 6:26 PM, Mr. Gibson said:

Finished digging potatoes. 350 lbs ain't great but enough for us,also dug horseradish too,have to look online to see what to do with it. Skin and grind it I think. Good for sinus infections I read.

Try Carolina Reaper hot sauce.  Rated at 2,200,000 Scoville Units.  Which means, it takes that many gallons of water to dilute one drop so it can't be tasted.  That would clear up those sinus's, Lol.  When Steve & I worked in Shot Blast, we experimented with some of the hottest known peppers back then.  One foreman put a little sause on the tip of a chip and about died, Haha. He guzzled 5 bottles of water and it just kept spreading like wildfire.  

On 9/29/2020 at 11:35 PM, Retired said:

Try Carolina Reaper hot sauce.  Rated at 2,200,000 Scoville Units.  Which means, it takes that many gallons of water to dilute one drop so it can't be tasted.  That would clear up those sinus's, Lol.  When Steve & I worked in Shot Blast, we experimented with some of the hottest known peppers back then.  One foreman put a little sause on the tip of a chip and about died, Haha. He guzzled 5 bottles of water and it just kept spreading like wildfire.  

had some hot sauce called "Da Bomb" it  was 750,000 scoville, so pretty hot..  but it was just heat, there wasn't much flavor.. 

One afternoon sitting out with my brother inlaws, we had some salsa that we mixed a small amount of the sauce into.  It was really hot..  my younger brother inlaw listening to us go "holy crap!" when we started to munch on it, he says "what a bunch of pu$$ies"  puts a good chunck of the hot sauce on a tortia chip  and pops it in his mouth..  DOH!!    he danced around on the deck for a quite awhile before things calmed down.  "Hey dude, want some more"  --- "no, and go ---- yerself!"...  (miss that guy,, he passed in 2015..  he was a hoot)

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

Got post hole digger on my Gehl skid steer,had to buy two ends for the hydraulic hoses to adapt over to Gehls flat ends. 120.00 for two ends. I almost cried,I was thinking 25.00. Then went out and drilled 10 holes,hit rocks on all but one. I'm repairing wind and bull damage to the feedlot fence. It ain't gonna look good,but it'll be cheap. Tomorrow hook up the haystack mover to the tractor and grease that and the loader. Too many irons,so little time as we get closer to snowmagetten.

15 hours ago, kidblast said:

had some hot sauce called "Da Bomb" it  was 750,000 scoville, so pretty hot..  but it was just heat, there wasn't much flavor.. 

One afternoon sitting out with my brother inlaws, we had some salsa that we mixed a small amount of the sauce into.  It was really hot..  my younger brother inlaw listening to us go "holy crap!" when we started to munch on it, he says "what a bunch of pu$$ies"  puts a good chunck of the hot sauce on a tortia chip  and pops it in his mouth..  DOH!!    he danced around on the deck for a quite awhile before things calmed down.  "Hey dude, want some more"  --- "no, and go ---- yerself!"...  (miss that guy,, he passed in 2015..  he was a hoot)

Haha, Da Bomb is what I had. There were 3 of them.  Ground Zero was the least hot, then Beyond Insanity, and I bought the "Final Answer." Which was rated at 1,500,000 Scoville units. It was a 2 oz bottle and lasted me like two years. I remember one day I used it and put the lid back on not realizing the lid had a drop on it. I went to the restroom and Oh, My Dog....Talk about a burn that just went on and on Lol, Yeah, you don't want to touch the private area for sure. It got so no one would come to the shot Blast to try our hot sauces at all.  I had a lot of stuff in the fridge.  Steve and I tried every one of them and put a drop in everything we ate there. One was so hot, Dan asked how is it? And you could say nothing as it took the voice away. The trick was Pepsi or Coke as that cut the heat the quickest.  Glad to hear you had some also Ray.  Ok, looked it up,  Ground Zero was 234,000 Scoville units, and Beyond Insanity was 135,000 Scoville units. So you must have had the Final Answer also at 1,500,000 Scoville units. 

5 hours ago, Retired said:

Haha, Da Bomb is what I had. There were 3 of them.  Ground Zero was the least hot, then Beyond Insanity, and I bought the "Final Answer." Which was rated at 1,500,000 Scoville units. It was a 2 oz bottle and lasted me like two years. I remember one day I used it and put the lid back on not realizing the lid had a drop on it. I went to the restroom and Oh, My Dog....Talk about a burn that just went on and on Lol, Yeah, you don't want to touch the private area for sure. It got so no one would come to the shot Blast to try our hot sauces at all.  I had a lot of stuff in the fridge.  Steve and I tried every one of them and put a drop in everything we ate there. One was so hot, Dan asked how is it? And you could say nothing as it took the voice away. The trick was Pepsi or Coke as that cut the heat the quickest.  Glad to hear you had some also Ray.  Ok, looked it up,  Ground Zero was 234,000 Scoville units, and Beyond Insanity was 135,000 Scoville units. So you must have had the Final Answer also at 1,500,000 Scoville units. 

HA!  yea,, Maybe, I know they (Da Bomb) had a few different "blends"..   that stuff was just death in a bottle man..  I found Sugar cuts the heat pretty good too.  it absorbs the oils,  swish it around in your mouth then by all means,, spit that crap out!!  

One hot sauce that I still to this day make sure I have some on hand is Scorned Woman.  That stuff is great, it's hot, but not crazy, and it actually has flavor. 

My son has gotten in to making his own,  he has a mango habanero recipe that's really good.

• Like 1

Three years ago we stopped in Galena, Ill, on our way back from Wisconsin.  Grant's Home and a real nice and historic strip downtown.  They had this shop that sells nothing but hot sauce.  Lots of free samples with warnings on many (Don't taste unless your wearing a diaper, This sauce cures death, Your hemmroids won't know what hit 'em, and so on.  Real funny stuff).   The heat level started at a mild level like you'd find in a grocery store and went-up to a nuclear reactor meltdown level.  We bought a bottle for my son and his wife called The Rectum Reaper.  On the bottle lid was a little doll of The Grim Reaper.   All around the bottle were skulls.   Anyway, he put it out with the chips at a Labor Day Party with no warnings and with other sauces around it and once you dipped a chip in it, that was all it took.  You wouldn't go back to it a second time.  It was seriously hot.  And "Yes" on sugar.  It does seem to give you a "stay of execution."  We've laughed about that sauce many times and my son still has the bottle, but in all sincerity, some of these sauces are nothing to laugh at........Yet, they are fun to talk about if you're one of the survivors.