Gibson Brands Forums

This came in today from Reverb. It's a 2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard gold top. Been wanting a gold top Standard ever since I started playing. This thing is in great condition. Looks pretty much brand new. Don't think it was hardly ever played. Has the 498T/490R combo. Sounds great. Plays great, but think I'm going to have to do a minor setup because there are a couple of frets that buzz some, but that can be knocked out. Anyway, here's a pic.
xwuVrU3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Guitar God said:

This came in today from Reverb. It's a 2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard gold top. Been wanting a gold top Standard ever since I started playing. This thing is in great condition. Looks pretty much brand new. Don't think it was hardly ever played. Has the 498T/490R combo. Sounds great. Plays great, but think I'm going to have to do a minor setup because there are a couple of frets that buzz some, but that can be knocked out. Anyway, here's a pic.
xwuVrU3.jpg

Nice guitar Trey!

8 minutes ago, jaxson50 said:

Great buy,  always liked gold tops 

Same! I have always loved gold tops and gold guitars. I have this gold top Les Paul, a gold Fender 50th anniversary Stratocaster, and a gold ESP Vintage Plus. Maybe I need to add a gold Tele to the mix, haha. But, yeah, I have a couple of buddies who aren't fans of gold tops or gold guitars in general and I'm like, "How can you not be?", haha.