Gibson Brands Forums

She is here - NGD

Violeiro

This is a very very VERY nice guitar! Plays very much like the HB, sounds amazing, gorgeous looking!

I will get an A/B with the HB. I am very pleased, the only thing better would've been a personal delivery from Sheryl.

U7arSbn.jpg

Zv4aRCg.jpg

Edited by Violeiro
  • Like 4

As we know and like them ^ now the square-dance can begin

Enjoy life Violeiro

• Like 1

Oh the Sheryl squares are GREAT! I borrowed one some years ago from Gibson for a tour whilst my SJ200 was being refretted, and I didn’t want to give it back...I offered them MSRP for it but they don’t sell their loaners. Absolutely brilliant guitar. And yes, that is her handwriting on the label!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lars68 said:

Beautiful! Is this guitar the same under the hood as the HB, or are there differences? Scale length?

I have the Sheryl SJ from 2012 or thereabouts. 

Lars

The main difference from the HB 1960 is the HB has the VOS treatment while the SC has the advanced scallop brace 

19 hours ago, Lars68 said:

Beautiful! Is this guitar the same under the hood as the HB, or are there differences? Scale length?

I have the Sheryl SJ from 2012 or thereabouts. 

Lars

An AGF WTB ad will appear for a one, 2012-2014 IIRC, if I do not end up getting a Dove later this year.  

On 4/7/2021 at 5:32 PM, Violeiro said:

I just realized it is actually her signature, not a printed/copy, on the label inside of the guitar.

Very cool!  The only other person who actually signs the label (that I know of) is guitar-maker Kazuo Yairi... well, he used to when he was alive.

24 minutes ago, Cougar said:

Very cool!  The only other person who actually signs the label (that I know of) is guitar-maker Kazuo Yairi... well, he used to when he was alive.

Mister Bob Taylor did back in the early Lemon Grove days 🍋 . . 

Great looking guitar - congratulations I know you waited quite awhile to get it.

There don't seem to be too many differences between her model and HB - although the Sheryl has the thermally aged top, and an Amulet pickup.

Bob Collings signed his labels too, but he died.  So rather than print a fake signature on the label now, they just don't have one.  The luthier does hand write the model number on the label, but no signatures.