Gibson Brands Forums

Message for the forum from JDGM

Rabs

On 7/18/2024 at 10:50 AM, mesho said:

Hi all, John's niece again. I'm afraid that things haven't improved since his last message. He was able to go home for about a week after radiotherapy but readmitted himself weekend before last as he didn't feel he could cope at home. We were told today that he is too unwell for cancer treatment and that the best they can do is keep him comfortable. It might not be long, so if you would like anything communicated to him in the next couple of days please do let me know, I'll be sure to pass it on. I know that you all have been a huge source of comfort to him, thank you.

Mesho, 

First, thank you for taking time to update us during this awful time for you, John, and your family. I know it means a lot to John, (and the Forum members), that you chose to step up and read our posts/messages to him when ever he was unable to do so himself, (and to post/type his replies, to said, for him). You are a Class Act!

I began to wonder if John had taken a turn for the worst when his communication with me, (via email/PM's), slowed down. It crushed me as I began to see how his illness and associated drug stupor took his wonderful sharp wit from his writing. I hope that you, or someone else, was able to read to him the PM I last sent to him out our trip to NASA Marshal Space Flight Center, and show him the attached pics. (LMK, if you could, if he got to enjoy those NASA/Rocket Ship pics. I know he is into NASA stuff.)

Let John know that, "It ain't over until the Fat Lady sings!". Tell him that Sheepdog/Craig still plans to jam with him, either in this life, in the next one, or in that wonderful place where our guitars are always in tune, where our tone is always luscious, and where our backup singers are a literal "Golden Chorus".

Let him know that he left his mark here, and that his impressive mark encompassed the planet.

Until we meet again brother.  I'll be seeing you in the magical flow of musical grace, until then!

Love and Peace,

Craig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish you well John, prayers sent your way. I have not been here very long, but I do know that you must be a great guy, to have this many members giving you good thoughts. It seems like you have positively touched many lives around here. 

• Like 1

Doctors, bless their hearts, will be the first to admit, don't know everything.  What meds work for one person - don't for another - including chemo.  Our neighbor, good friend for 11 years,  was diagnosed with liver cancer 3 years ago - they fixed it.  Then, right after that - kidney.  Told him he had a year or so.  Had surgery, and the chemo made him too sick.  He is in 'maintenance' but is doing well.  Kick in the teeth - while all this was going on - his wife was diagnosed  and eventually succumbed.  He had to move back to Utah to be with his grown children. But is doing fine.  As well as can be expected for an eighty=something.

So - we should always pray for miracles, because they do happen.   My wife, of countless decades - diagnosed with lung cancer, had a lobe removed.  8 years now, officially declared cured.  Breast cancer - 4 years ago, had the lump removed - radiation followup,  Now as good as new.  Except the Rad RX straightened her naturally curly locks.    Hang in there John.  

• Like 1

John, 

My wife just took this photo of the flower growing on a yellow squash plant in our garden. 
Don't know why, but I thought of you. 

I would love to be able to bake you up a nice squash casserole. 
I think you would like it, sir. 

🙂

https://www.strat-talk.com/attachments/squash-flower-jpg.722348/

Edited by sparquelito
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

John, 

My wife just took this photo of the flower growing on a yellow squash plant in our garden. 
Don't know why, but I thought of you. 

I would love to be able to bake you up a nice squash casserole. 
I think you would like it, sir. 

🙂

https://www.strat-talk.com/attachments/squash-flower-jpg.722348/

It wants me to log in to view sir.. John may have a simular issue.

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments, prayers and best wishes for John, and for our family - they have all been much appreciated by him and us. 

I'm sorry to say that John passed away yesterday afternoon, August 1st, in hospital. He's now at peace and out of pain. 

It has been lovely to read your comments and see the impact he's had; as I said in my first post he stressed to me how much the support from this group meant to him, so again thank you so much. 

Also, I know that John met up with some of you in person over the years; if anyone would like details of the funeral arrangements when we have them, please send me a message.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Heartbreaking news, John will be greatly missed on here.  Thank you for taking the time to inform us of this sad news, I'm sure you've got a lot on your mind at this time.

Sincere condolences to you and the rest of John's family.

RIP John 

I was shocked when I got an e-mail this morning advising of Johns passing, though I expected it would be soon.

Someone very special has left us and I for one will never forget him.

John I will catch up with you one day and we can take a grand tour of the Cosmos together.

Rest in peace my friend.

Digger.

• Upvote 1

Yes. I can only repeat what everyone has said. A true loss for all of us and he will be truly missed by all of us.

I think especially since this is a guitar forum and where we met maybe this is appropriate.  John helped me out by demoing my guitars and we did that because he was a much much better player than I will ever be.

Here he is playing. This was all improvised on the spot. There was no real plan I just said, play them see what you think and recorded it.

So, John.. Heres to you and I hope you are up there playing with the best of them. Rest in peace..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2