Gibson Brands Forums

Roll Call...

daveinspain

I'm in US - central mass, nothing to see here..

But I have a dentist appt at 10:30, the world ending would probably be the only way to get out of it and not have them charge me for missing the cleaning. So looks like I'll be going... at least maybe I'll have no cavities... (Always look on the bright side ay?)

A mild sunny day in UK; I'm waiting for the gasman to come and fix my heating and water (3rd visit in 3 days)...never mind the end of the world (some experts now say it's the 24th) I just want to get warm over Xmas!

Things to do today because it's not doomsday...

1) apologize to the nieghbor about thier cat...

2) Find a Good reason why you had sex with the bosses wife.....

3) actually pay my bills.....

4) Cancel the order for the 2000 shtickies that you'd thought wouldn't come cause of doomsday...

5) Try a find all copies of the nude photo shoot you did of yourself at the library......

6) Get more pencils cause this is a big list.....

Things to do today because it's not doomsday...

1) apologize to the nieghbor about thier cat...

2) Find a Good reason why you had sex with the bosses wife.....

3) actually pay my bills.....

4) Cancel the order for the 2000 shtickies that you'd thought wouldn't come cause of doomsday...

5) Try a find all copies of the nude photo shoot you did of yourself at the library......

6) Get more pencils cause this is a big list.....

7) Never again believe forecast’s of future event's by a civilization that died out almost 1000 years before it said it was supposed to.

it was supposed to happen at 11:11 UTC so 4:11am was doomsday for Arizona and as expected it's just another Friday. The Mayans didn't have a leap year in their calendar so we should have died 285 days ago by our calendar. So not only were the people that believed in the Mayan Calender doomsday scenario bat **** crazy! But they were also bad at math.

I remember about 30 years ago, none of the El Salvadorians came to work. It was because one of their respected "mystics" predicted that there would be an earthquake. Well, there was no earthquake. But, like Brad1 alluded to, there will be an earthquake in California someday. And, on that someday, someone will say "I told you so."

We've all got a time and a place...it would appear, that for many of us, today was not the time or the place.

See you all tomorrow...that assumes we are here tomorrow!

it was supposed to happen at 11:11 UTC so 4:11am was doomsday for Arizona and as expected it's just another Friday. The Mayans didn't have a leap year in their calendar so we should have died 285 days ago by our calendar. So not only were the people that believed in the Mayan Calender doomsday scenario bat **** crazy! But they were also bad at math.

They didn't count years. Their years were only 266 Solar days anyway. Their calendar is cyclical, not linear like ours, so today the 13the Mayan cycle ended... and the 14th began. They didn't really measure days like we do, either. Their calendar was more related to events.

I mean... why would they count anything by the passing of the sun? They thought they had to sacrifice someone daily to fuel it or it would not move at all.....[scared]

/chuckle

Archived