Gibson Brands Forums

How many guitars do you have?

skilsaw

I have three guitars. A Martin HD 28, a Gibson LP Standard, and an archtop that I borrowed from my son because I got worried he would sell it.

How many guitars do you have?

Do you get the feeling that you would be content if you had just one more guitar?

Then, of course, there is the law of guitars, n+1=n, where n is the number of guitars you have and you always are seeking n+1. Just one more!

I don't have any extra cash laying about right now so things are pretty cool. But if I saw the right guitar, I'm afraid I would sell my soul to have it.

Back to the original question. How many guitars do you have?

And any "number of guitars" wisdom you wish to share.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the original question. How many guitars do you have?

And any "number of guitars" wisdom you wish to share.

Too many and yet somehow not enough. I would need to go count them - fewer than 20 though - probably around 15.

As for wisdom, I like them each to be different. I'm a player not a collector. For example I have three Strats - one normal, one hot-rodded (floating trem and humbucker) and one set up with higher slide action. I have two SGs - one with P90s and one with humbuckers. Different see. For a while I had two Les Pauls - but since they were so similar in sound and purpose I got rid of one of them.

Too many and yet somehow not enough. I would need to go count them - fewer than 20 though - probably around 15.

Surfpup is exactly right.

I don't have any "collectible" ones.........my most expensive guitar would barely clear $1000 on a good day. I don't play in a band at the moment, so I certainly don't "need" any more.

But for me, I just LOVE guitars. Each has it's own feel, it's own voice, etc. I've thought about selling or trading all of mine to get a couple really high end ones, but decided not to.

I play all of mine eventually........may not be for a couple months, but eventually, I'll cycle through the stable and pull one out that hasn't seen daylight for quite some time and be like "Hi old friend, now I remember why I keep you around".

All of mine are "working man's" guitars. I can see me continuing to add to my collection. I've out grown the "have to have one of everything" phase, so now I just keep my eyes open and if one that is "right" comes along at a time I can afford it, I add to the collection.

NHTom

ksdaddy, I'm just awestruck.

I don't have any "collectible" ones.........my most expensive guitar would barely clear $1000 on a good day.

I've got a couple what I consider low-end collectible. Only the Martin was a little over $1000. 15 total. No wait, there's a couple more I don't have listed. And a banjo.

But for me, I just LOVE guitars. Each has it's own feel, it's own voice, etc.... I play all of mine eventually........may not be for a couple months, but eventually, I'll cycle through the stable and pull one out that hasn't seen daylight for quite some time and be like "Hi old friend, now I remember why I keep you around".

I'm with you there. I cycle through a little quicker than that, but yeah, I enjoy playing them all. I'm feeling flush - no plans for additional acquisitions.

I've thought about selling or trading all of mine to get a couple really high end ones, but decided not to.

That thought has crossed my mind... sell a bunch and pick up a nice Gibbie or something. I'm too happy with the ones I've got. For now, anyway.

Archived