Gibson Brands Forums

Perhaps I was overly optimistic about 2015

SteveFord

I said that it was going to be such a great year and now I'm starting to wonder.

My wife is undergoing chemo and the effects have started hammering her with the vomiting and hair loss. Tomorrow is treatment number five, I believe. They're going to do 6 treatments and then see how things stand - it's thyroid cancer which I'm told isn't all that terrible considering what cancer is.

I've been sick since January and it looks like I'm going in for sinus surgery again. For whatever reason, I can not shake the common cold and it turns into a sinus infection which just keeps getting harder to get rid of every year.

I had a tooth pulled about 6 weeks back and the surgeon didn't realize that I had a sinus infection which is probably what took out the tooth SO he kept digging away at infected tissue and now I have a temporary (?) miniature tunnel running from the roof of my mouth into my right sinus cavity. Yes, this means I can squirt liquid that I'm drinking right into my sinus. While this may sound like cheap entertainment when there's nothing good on television it's really not as much fun as you might think. Plus it's not helping this infection any.

The one good thing is that my wife is still her same old self. Understandably she's been a little down in the dumps so last Saturday I bought her a dozen roses which she liked a little bit but on Sunday I took her to a big motorcycle meet in Ephrata, PA which was a real good time. All you can eat breakfast for ten bucks and there must have been 1000 bikes there and the weather was just perfect.

The perfect day, as Lou Reed once said, and what she enjoyed the most is when I customized her helmet right before the ride home:

lynda3_zps04dkkgxn.jpg

Every time she sees that I know it will make her laugh. That's probably the best dollar I've ever spent.

Hope your 2015 is going a little less bumpy than ours is.

I am sorry to hear of your problems.

I have had nasal/sinus problems for many years - getting a cold really is no joke at all, the older I get - as well as dental (very expensive to put right) so I know at least a bit of how you must feel.

Best wishes and I hope things improve shortly!

Thank you, gentlemen, I'm sure it will all work out okay. After all, there's still just about half a year to go and these are probably just some speed bumps on the road of life. I'll borrow my neighbor's Harley Ultra and his wife and pulverize them with sheer tonnage.

If your 2015 is going great then don't change a thing, whatever you're doing is working.

I said that it was going to be such a great year and now I'm starting to wonder.

My wife is undergoing chemo and the effects have started hammering her with the vomiting and hair loss. Tomorrow is treatment number five, I believe. They're going to do 6 treatments and then see how things stand - it's thyroid cancer which I'm told isn't all that terrible considering what cancer is.

I've been sick since January and it looks like I'm going in for sinus surgery again. For whatever reason, I can not shake the common cold and it turns into a sinus infection which just keeps getting harder to get rid of every year.

I had a tooth pulled about 6 weeks back and the surgeon didn't realize that I had a sinus infection which is probably what took out the tooth SO he kept digging away at infected tissue and now I have a temporary (?) miniature tunnel running from the roof of my mouth into my right sinus cavity. Yes, this means I can squirt liquid that I'm drinking right into my sinus. While this may sound like cheap entertainment when there's nothing good on television it's really not as much fun as you might think. Plus it's not helping this infection any.

The one good thing is that my wife is still her same old self. Understandably she's been a little down in the dumps so last Saturday I bought her a dozen roses which she liked a little bit but on Sunday I took her to a big motorcycle meet in Ephrata, PA which was a real good time. All you can eat breakfast for ten bucks and there must have been 1000 bikes there and the weather was just perfect.

The perfect day, as Lou Reed once said, and what she enjoyed the most is when I customized her helmet right before the ride home:

lynda3_zps04dkkgxn.jpg

Every time she sees that I know it will make her laugh. That's probably the best dollar I've ever spent.

Hope your 2015 is going a little less bumpy than ours is.

Hope you and little lady have a better rest of the year.

Sorry for your troubles Steve. I've been going through some of my own. Just remember life is a cycle so the good things will come around and thats when you learn to use your new character strengths to prepare for the next cycle and so on

Sorry to hear about you´r illness and you´r wifes cancer, **** cancer!

I thought 2015 would be a releave to myself, but it sucks as did 2014, in february it was found that my father had lung cancer, in mars he died, again, **** cancer!

Now, at last, after a divorce last year, i finaly own my lodging, so there is hope.

I wish you and you´r wife quick recovery!!

And **** cancer!

Hey Steve, you've got my prayers for both of you. Went thru the ****ing cancer thing with my wife the first of the year. Fortunately she's in remission as of May 18th. Thoughts and prayers for you both. She didn't get sick from the chemo , but it tore the sh1t out of her knees, and the hair loss didn't go over to well either. It helped her some when I cut my hair off too. So for awhile we were a couple of cue balls. I truly believe that the folks on this forum & the Epi side got us thru this, GOD Bless

TC

Hi Steve,

ya know, just when you think "wow, this is crappy day" someone reminds you how crappy it can really be.

we've had a few cancer scares as well, so I know how much it can take out of both the person dealing with it directly and those who feel helpless and just wish "why not me instead of her" My wives family is predisposed to genetic cancers at very young ages, so she's had it, as well as three of her brothers, and most recently a niece which oddly enough was thyroid cancer as well (That came right out of the blue). And you're right, it's a treatable form of cancer and it can be dealt with.

When my wife was in this fight, those were dark days for me, and that's were where you guys are now, but, take heart knowing these days wont last forever, there is light at the end of this tunnel. The care we can get these days is remarkable.

Best wishes and prayers to your wife as she battles this disease, one more round left.. God bless you both.

it's also a double suck when both of you guys are down on your luck health wise. WTH??

If there's one thing for sure about this forum, it's the level of care and concern that we all seem to share for each other. I don't believe I've seen any thing like what goes on here in this regard. If positive mojo can heal, you'll get all we can give right here.

Hang in there Steve, please keep us posted on how things are going.

/Ray

Hi Steve,

ya know, just when you think "wow, this is crappy day" someone reminds you how crappy it can really be.

we've had a few cancer scares as well, so I know how much it can take out of both the person dealing with it directly and those who feel helpless and just wish "why not me instead of her" My wives family is predisposed to genetic cancers at very young ages, so she's had it, as well as three of her brothers, and most recently a niece which oddly enough was thyroid cancer as well (That came right out of the blue). And you're right, it's a treatable form of cancer and it can be dealt with.

When my wife was in this fight, those were dark days for me, and that's were where you guys are now, but, take heart knowing these days wont last forever, there is light at the end of this tunnel. The care we can get these days is remarkable.

Best wishes and prayers to your wife as she battles this disease, one more round left.. God bless you both.

it's also a double suck when both of you guys are down on your luck health wise. WTH??

If there's one thing for sure about this forum, it's the level of care and concern that we all seem to share for each other. I don't believe I've seen any thing like what goes on here in this regard. If positive mojo can heal, you'll get all we can give right here.

Hang in there Steve, please keep us posted on how things are going.

/Ray

Amen, +1

Guest Farnsbarns

Oh dear. I hope things start looking up for you. A lot of what's going on right now has the potential to become positive outcomes. I hope the situation is reversed soon and some of this sh1t starts turning out well.

I hope things turn around for you soon. This has been a rough time for my best friend, an man I have known since 1962, his wife is suffering terribly and is now in hospice, they took her feeding tube out a week ago, her pain is unbearable. The tumor is on her socrum pressing on her kidneys and has now spread to her bones. At this point we are all praying for her passing to end her sufferings, she started this fight in December, she is 58.Pray for the end to cancer.

I hope things turn around for you soon. This has been a rough time for my best friend, an man I have known since 1962, his wife is suffering terribly and is now in hospice, they took her feeding tube out a week ago, her pain is unbearable. The tumor is on her socrum pressing on her kidneys and has now spread to her bones. At this point we are all praying for her passing to end her sufferings, she started this fight in December, she is 58.Pray for the end to cancer.

Oh man,, she's my age.. that is a sad story Jaxson.

I don't think eradicating diseases like cancer is possible, but clearly the treatment protocols are improving all the time.

we have to be aggressive in how we screen.. early detection and knowledge, best weapons..

I figured out what to do.

Life throws all sorts of weird, miserable situations your way and the thing to do is to always keep looking forward with an attainable goal in mind.

Lynda has been talking about getting a used Subaru for years SO this upcoming August I'm going to help her get one and I've made arrangements for us to fly on up to Minnesota next Spring where I'm going to visit and write an article on the Magnepan speaker company, purchase a buddy's Triumph motorcycle, we'll go to the Red Wing boot factory and buy a few pair of factory seconds (and get our picture taken with the world's largest boot) and then take the scenic ride on back to Pennsyltucky with a "new" motorcycle and some very stiff foot wear.

Funny how things just seem to come together out of nowhere all of a sudden but there it is.

She'll beat the cancer, I'll get the piss lasered out of my schnozzola and it's off to the races once again!

Archived