Gibson Brands Forums

Bluebird, in the books

AnneS

The music was aces! And my oh my, how natural you are up there. Relatable. Likable. Humor. If you were not a musician, you could have gone up there without guitar, and done stand up. And started just the same.  Just a terrific natural… and that’s what a story teller is.  Good on ye.

and just when I think the joint here was overrun with… well whatever, you pop in and remind me why it’s still a great forum.

Edited by Salfromchatham

Thank you, every last one, for your very kind words and for your support. As Sal noted, this can be a pretty special place, for sure.

The workshop was very fun—Suzy Bogguss is a generous, competent soul and is wickedly funny. The group (of 12) bonded, and that helped us all put on a good show for the people who stood in line in sub-freezing temps and were able to get in. 

It’s said you can feel the history in that place, and it’s true. We most of Sunday in the place and had a visit with Amy Kirklund, the woman who started it all. Among other interesting things, her father was a studio musician who played on tons of records, including—get this—the violin on “He Stopped Loving Her Today.” Gawk! 

So, yeah, one feels the history, just being there. And you know what, it was the opposite of intimidating—it was elevating. When you belong, you just belong…

The most fun…ever. 

(G—I didn’t introduce the first song by name because I didn’t want to step on the punch line😋—it’s called Died Young.)

Again, thanks, team!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AnneS said:

it was the opposite of intimidating—it was elevating. When you belong, you just belong…

Wisdom here.  That was marvelous to see and hear.  Kudos, hats-off, rah rah and all the superlatives.  It really is heartwarming to hear about your songwriting and witness the roll-out at such a storied venue.  That whole event - the class, the group, the leader- must have been a riot by the end of the week. Good on ya.

3 hours ago, duluthdan said:

Wisdom here.  That was marvelous to see and hear.  Kudos, hats-off, rah rah and all the superlatives.  It really is heartwarming to hear about your songwriting and witness the roll-out at such a storied venue.  That whole event - the class, the group, the leader- must have been a riot by the end of the week. Good on ya.

Thanks, Dan -it was a riot, and that just inspired everyone to turn their nobs up to 11s.

Hey, I saw that Jackson is playing somewhere with Tom Paxton. Is that with Don Henry and John Vesna (aka, the Don Juans)? Regardless—it was good to see that he’s still out doing it. Hope you and he are still picking together.

• 1 month later...