Gibson Brands Forums

Answer these 25 questions and see where you come from

rocketman

Here is the test. Even though I lived in the South for years, it still nailed my Western New York roots. Spot on. Pretty cool.

I did this a couple weeks ago... a friend posted it on FB.

It was pretty accurate for me, as well. I grew up in a region where there was a lot of spill-over from surrounding regions in other states. Connecticut's "Southern Fairfield County" gets hit by parts of New York City and neighboring New Jersey—much more so than the upstate regions of Connecticut, itself, which is influenced heavily from Massachusetts "culture". My test results showed that.

Fun stuff. I love these kinds of quizzes.

Here is the test. Even though I lived in the South for years, it still nailed my Western New York roots. Spot on. Pretty cool.

I Got providence, worcester, boston. Seeings how i live 10 mins away from providence it was dead on. We talk funny in rhode island anyways, we say things like New Hampsheer, and i told you tree dimes, and battrees, Cahhhhhhr, we dont say living room either, we say Pahhhhhhla. Several clients of mine in different areas of the country giggle at my accent.

fun test, ill give it to my gf and daughter tomorrow.

You can take the boy outta Joisey but you can't take the Joisey out of the boy or so it seems...

I'll never forget the first time this girl asked me if I wanted my pop in a sack, I wasn't quite sure what she was offering, ha, ha.

Pretty good. Placed me in Greensboro and Winston-Salem, NC, and Birmingham, AL. I was born and raised in Charlotte and lived in Winston-Salem for three years. Actually, my accent is Charlotte; I can pick that out a mile away. It is interesting that they have been able to accurately identify regional colloquialisms and pronunciations that well.

Guest Farnsbarns

Put me about 5500 miles too far west. You'd think they might state at the beggining that this only works for, and will assume the US. Sigh.

Was very accurate, but I had to forget how I pronounce many words now and respond as I said them as a kid.

There was no 'supper' when I was a kid, but after being in the Army, I'm well acquainted with the term now.

And being in the Truck manufacturing business for 13 years, I KNOW what a semi-trailer is, and I tend to call

an tractor pulling a semi-trailer a "Class 8 Truck".

So, I answered as I would have as a young guy and it put me right in California.

Put me about 5500 miles too far west. You'd think they might state at the beggining that this only works for, and will assume the US. Sigh.

English is not my first language, we learned or better said tried to learn Oxford pronunciation at school, and my foreign dialect might be rather unusual. So I just did the test only for being curious. They put me to Providence, RI, Yonkers, NY, or New York City. However, in contrast to Farns I can't complain about it. Doubtlessly my result would have been a very different one if they had auditioned me... [biggrin]

I've done this before and it never works for me. I've lived all my life in north Florida and it puts me in Kansas! My dad grew up in Chicago and my mom in NJ. Maybe that is the reason. Then again perhaps they are onto something... maybe I have a southern twang but not really a southern vocabulary.

Archived