Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Lou Gramm's Midnight Blue and that old nugget from Ozzy Crazy Train. I don't know when we will put them in the sets, we are breaking in a new drummer.

rct

adding to my acoustic solo set, Gordon Lightfoot's If You Could Read My Mind. Always dug the tune, fun to play

When we were kids we would play Edmund Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzedmund in bars and we would play one verse for as long as we could get away with it, which was usually a good ten minutes before anyone noticed.

rct

Learning Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" (with slide part), trying it out in rehearsal tomorrow....

I've been playing bass to "Stay With Me", by Faces. For me it's one of those songs that gets in my head for a while.

Lucinda William's, 'Six Blocks Away', Elvis Costello's, 'Girls Talk', and after hearing Taylor Swift's (by accident) nauseating cover of Tom Petty's 'American Girl', I rotated the song back to the top of my pile to tighten it up a little. Cheap Trick's 'Surrender' is easy and fun too, but as my memory weakens I'd like to work the pile into a set of 20 or so that when someone asks me to play I don't shuffle papers like I'm at a real estate closing.

There are a few songs that as hard as I try I can't 'convert' into a solo mode with my limited musical abilities. The Band's 'We Can Talk' is one.

Robert Earl Keen's "Feeling Good Again".

But, in the middle of learning I took a break for an easier one - Merle Haggard's "Today, I Started Loving You Again".

I tend to go in spurts.

Nothing!

Quit the band.

Going to start writing stuff.

Will be a while before I have anything.

May post it here if anyone cares.

Looking forward to being creative.

Hopefully it sounds okay.

I never just play one song, I go through a bunch. My latest ones have been: Hotel California, Witchy Woman, Ghetto Woman, Hello Mary Lou, Comfortably Numb and Little Deuce Coupe.

Hold on by John Lennon. It was playing on the TV on one of our music channels and I started playing along with it and liked the riffs, so I chose to learn the entire song. It's not too difficult and fun to play.

Another Brick in the Wall pt II My son is getting really good at composing and recording on the computer...he tracked my guitar on his cover of the Floyd Classic. I will post for you guys here in next couple o days.

Another Brick in the Wall pt II My son is getting really good at composing and recording on the computer...he tracked my guitar on his cover of the Floyd Classic. I will post for you guys here in next couple o days.