Gibson Brands Forums

How old are you?

Mr. Gibson

56 as of December 2nd. [biggrin]

Happy belated birthday, Santo!

24, although I have the hairline of a 70 year old. If you're 70 and have a full head of hair then I commend you. Mine started to go from 18 and I'm taking it all off next summer

I was trying to remember who was about the same age as me. I turned 25 in September though

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just recently turned 69.... Strange thing age. Inside (mind) I feel much the same as I did when 15, 20, 35, etc. Outside - I mean the body - things are beginning to tell....

Yeah, 69, that's where I am, and feeling quite fortunate to have so far missed a lot of the maladies you've had to deal with, even though I smoked many a pack between year 20 and 50. I play golf a couple times a week and happen to have shot my best score in 20 years just two days ago! I was 1 under par after the first 9 holes. I am NEVER under par after 9 holes. Usually I'm trying to hold it to 3 over - break 40 - and rarely succeeding. Of course, the back 9, not so good. Still came in with a 76, which is great for me since I rarely break 80. I guess I'll have to wait quite a while before I might be able to shoot my age, and then will I still be able to swing?

Go for the replacements! After a lifetime of abusing my knees (football, USMC Recon, Harleys, horses...) I waited until a recent fall on ice/frozen ground broke both - was told replace or never walk properly again. One required bone resculpture, but the difference is outstanding.

Yeah, football, hockey and wrestling for a couple of years didn't help. Several years of baseball as a catcher and riding dirt bikes (and picking myself up off the ground far too often) also took its toll. Then came Marine Corps boot camp and all that running in combat boots. So it wasn't a big surprise when I needed my first knee operation in 1990 (age 30) and my orthopedic surgeon showed my the Osteoarthritis that had already st in and told me to give up running and find another form of aerobic exercise.

From August 2016 to April 2017, I had knee, back and shoulder surgery. I was also diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis to go with the Osteoarthritis in most of my major joints. I was hoping to get a break from the OR for awhile before having any more surgeries. But I will definitely get them both replaced eventually. [crying]

24, although I have the hairline of a 70 year old. If you're 70 and have a full head of hair then I commend you. Mine started to go from 18 and I'm taking it all off next summer

Thanx! I'm 70 & still have plenty of hair - thought it was leaving me at @ 17 yrs old, but it turned out to be the haircut (USMC) and the stress (Viet Nam). It's silver now, but still there😂

Yeah, football, hockey and wrestling for a couple of years didn't help. Several years of baseball as a catcher and riding dirt bikes (and picking myself up off the ground far too often) also took its toll. Then came Marine Corps boot camp and all that running in combat boots. So it wasn't a big surprise when I needed my first knee operation in 1990 (age 30) and my orthopedic surgeon showed my the Osteoarthritis that had already st in and told me to give up running and find another form of aerobic exercise.

From August 2016 to April 2017, I had knee, back and shoulder surgery. I was also diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis to go with the Osteoarthritis in most of my major joints. I was hoping to get a break from the OR for awhile before having any more surgeries. But I will definitely get them both replaced eventually. [crying]

Surgery sucks - I used to be self conscious about shrapnel scars up and down my legs, but now that I'm older, the surgical scars have started mounting up, and I couldn't care less.

Surgery sucks - I used to be self conscious about shrapnel scars up and down my legs, but now that I'm older, the surgical scars have started mounting up, and I couldn't care less.

Yeah, I've had so many surgeries that I can't keep track of the scars. And back in the day when I played hockey, the goalies were the only ones who had anything protecting their face. The first time I broke my nose was when I get hit in the face with a hockey stick. And I stopped more than one puck with my face over the years. Several scars, but none too bad. I just considered that they added to my rugged good looks. [tongue]

Fossils rock!

Wait on a new genre...”Fossil Rock”...yeah I like it!

I like this too.

Concert featuring the 'Haz Beenz' with backup bands 'Ancient Irrelevant', 'Failing Health' and special guest appearance by 'Johnny and the Droolers'. All seating wheelchair accessible.

Sorry. I'll show myself out.

I am 62.

Fossil rock is quite the play on words, Rob!

And it's funny how that genre changes... When I got into Guns N' Roses when they first came on the scene (remember the label Uzi Suicide?), Zeppelin were fossils. Kids getting into whatever kids get into today (a bunch of louts, the lot of them!) think Guns are fossiles.

One interesting exception is Lemmy. I don't recall anyone ever referring to him in derogatory archeological terms, even when he was 70. Keef has some of that, but not all of it.

Bowie had loads of it, on artistic merit alone. A hundred years from now, fledgeling Goth kids will still include him in their diet. It's a legacy that will never go away.

Dub: ha ha!

I set one goal at a time. I look forward to 50. 40's okay, but 50's cooler. I have excellent eyesight, but have noticed that things get blurrier up close than they did five years ago. When I'm 50, I intend to include "I can't read that, I need my glasses!" in EVERY single conversation I have.

It's gonna RULE!

Archived