Gibson Brands Forums

The wife is…..

Mr. Gibson

2 minutes ago, jedzep said:

Please, details of your offense.  We can then all rate her response and how long you'll have to hide before addressing it directly.

Keep your 'go' bag updated.

Agreed!!

-------

Mine is Italian.

Up side, great food. I do cooking too. Just sayin.

Down side, best make sure you're on good terms when ya go to sleep. Cause you might be missing an appendage when you wake up

24 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

Agreed!!

-------

Mine is Italian.

Up side, great food. I do cooking too. Just sayin.

Down side, best make sure you're on good terms when ya go to sleep. Cause you might be missing an appendage when you wake up

You might wake up next to a Horses head 🙂 

29 minutes ago, jedzep said:

Please, details of your offense.  We can then all rate her response and how long you'll have to hide before addressing it directly.

Keep your 'go' bag updated.

I missed the garbage can and the dishwasher is not working. Hanging offense.

Hah! That's testy. 

One thing, boys, using the phrase 'the wife' is a bad start, especially in her presence.  Show a little upbringing, will ya'!

My cousin's husband casually refers to her as 'my treasure'.  Open to interpretation.

Edited by jedzep

1 hour ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Pissed off at me again, glad I’m on the farm I got plenty of places to hide from her. Holy! Hell hath no fury like a pissed off woman. Worse, pissed off German woman.

Here’s how you cool-down the situation.   Tell her you truly want to see things from her perspective.  Then, go in the kitchen and stare out the window.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was married for 19 years to a woman for whom misery and anger was a comfortable and preferred state of affairs. 
It was not good. 
It took years off my life. 

Years later, I contemplated remarrying, but I told the new one that I never, ever wanted to put up with miserable moods and angry nonsense. 
"Life is too short for all that. I'm just not going to have it in my life any more."

She blurted out, "But that's unrealistic. You can't expect me to always be happy and cheerful."

"Yes I can. We aren't married at this point. If you decide to sign on for a tour with me, that's my one condition. Happy happy. Cheerful cheerful."

"You set the bar too high. You think any woman can wake up every morning happy and smiling and giggling with joy?"

"YES.  I want you, when you are in my company, to be happy and smiling and giggling with joy. When you greet me or pass me, I want to see cheerfulness and contentment!"

"Bull-****. Nobody can live up to that expectation!!"

"I re-iterate.  When you are in my presence, I will do all I can to facilitate your eternal happiness and joyfulness. When you greet me coming and going, I want nothing but smiles, joy, and celebration.  When you FART, I want to hear Zippity-Freakin'- DO DAH come erupting out your a$$!!!"

She finally broke down in helpless laughter. 
"Okay. I'll do my best. Is that fair?"

"Fair enough."

We have been married 23 years now. 

🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I was married for 19 years to a woman for whom misery and anger was a comfortable and preferred state of affairs. 
It was not good. 
It took years off my life. 

Years later, I contemplated remarrying, but I told the new one that I never, ever wanted to put up with miserable moods and angry nonsense. 
"Life is too short for all that. I'm just not going to have it in my life any more."

She blurted out, "But that's unrealistic. You can't expect me to always be happy and cheerful."

"Yes I can. We aren't married at this point. If you decide to sign on for a tour with me, that's my one condition. Happy happy. Cheerful cheerful."

"You set the bar too high. You think any woman can wake up every morning happy and smiling and giggling with joy?"

"YES.  I want you, when you are in my company, to be happy and smiling and giggling with joy. When you greet me or pass me, I want to see cheerfulness and contentment!"

"I re-iterate.  When you are in my presence, I will do all I can to facilitate your eternal happiness and joyfulness. When you greet me coming and going, I want nothing but smiles, joy, and celebration.  When you FART, I want to hear Zippity-Freakin'- DO DAH come erupting out your a$$!!!"

She finally broke down in helpless laughter. 
"Okay. I'll do my best. Is that fair?"

"Fair enough."

We have been married 23 years now. 

🤔

I think I saw that marriage proposal on a Hallmark movie last month. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SteveFord said:

The old buzzard rolls off the tongue easier.

Mine is Spanish and Costa Rican,  her dad was partners with the mafia in NYC, you can imagine what that bunch is like.

Mine was Mexican.  I get the anger part.  But the upside was that the lovin' was as intense as the anger could get.   I don't doubt it's the same with you, Steve.

16 hours ago, gearbasher said:

You have to put your foot down and have the last word! Usually it's "Yes dear".

Ha!  That's the same advice I'd give new grooms when I was a wedding photographer.  [wink]

14 hours ago, sparquelito said:

A valid point here. Expectation.    IMHO a wrong move.  If you go into marriage or any relationship with expectations you're purposely setting yourself up for disappointment.  Because if any of those arbitrary  expectations aren't met it breeds resentment and without fail that resentment will fester and evolve into something more destructive to the relationship. 

The OP's wife possibly made the mistake of not letting him know what she's so angry/upset about.  It seems to have him walking on eggs and her anger might be about something else and not something he did or didn't do.   Now, my wife(and I'll bet other members here's wives) would never pass up the opportunity to let me know, in NO uncertain terms, what I did or didn't do that pissed her off.   But every now and then she'd be so angry about something else(and not me) she'd fume all day about it.  I'd insist on her telling me what it was so she could get it off her chest and maybe get some support from me.   Sometimes she would, sometimes not.  And in the latter case I found it best to just stay out of her way.   And when she got over whatever it was, she'd usually apologize to me for her behavior. 

I'd facetiously say that my only expectation was that my wife be as perfect as I am.  And my knowing I'M not perfect, well, how could I possibly be disappointed?   [wink]

Whitefang

19 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Pissed off at me again, glad I’m on the farm I got plenty of places to hide from her. Holy! Hell hath no fury like a pissed off woman. Worse, pissed off German woman.

She must have found out about the10 seconds you spent with Olivia.

My wife was born in Georgia at an Army Hospital (at what ever they named that base - Fort___________________?), so she is American. And as Mick sang on Some Girls. American girls what everything in the world you can possibly imagine. She is Irish. Her dad was, and her brother is a good drinker.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper