Gibson Brands Forums

Incomming.........

NHTom

Hi, My name is Tom and I have a guitar problem..................

so, my R8 is a dream guitar to me......I often stop and look at it before closing the case lid.....simply amazing.............

BUT

I have a thing for slabs.........Tele's, Specials, heck I even have a PRS Mira, but I've never had a Junior. Most of my hero's have played Juniors at some point. I've always loved them, but just have never come across the right one at the right time.

I also happen to be a fan of Pelham Blue............so when opportunity knocked, I answered the door..........lmao.

CQ8ivmA.jpg

Sorry, the addiction is REAL !!!

NHTom

"the eagle has landed"............

SO....first impressions...........WOW..........why have I never had a Junior before this?

Got it delivered to the shop today. Came in a nice TKL Case that will be just fine for it to rest in. Good fit for the slab body.

This was the first time I've ever bought a guitar online......the difference is that I got it from my local shop because I've had some crazy times at home and knew it would sell before I got there. They treat me great and have a 30 day/no questions return policy, so I didn't hesitate.

One small ding by the tone knob that was fully shown in pictures, so no problem there. The rest of it is very mint.

It looked like in the pics that it had some odd sort of strap locks, but when it arrived it had normal stock looking ones....those came off first thing and a set of chrome schallers went on.

Didn't realize until I did some spec searching that it was a "baked maple" board. Here's my honest opinion of it so far.......When that thing is singing and screaming, it feels just like any other good fretboard........I'm fine with it.

I've always said it about tele's, but I'm adding Juniors to my list of "Everyone Should Own At Least One". It's brilliance is in it's simplicity. With just the one pickup and one volume/tone, it's amazing......slight (and I do me SLIGHT) roll off the volume and it cleans up to exactly where I like it to. Another slight roll off of the tone and it goes from a bridge P90 to almost a Tele neck tone..........

Action is a little high, but has plenty of room, so this weekend will get a good setup and string change and she'll be ready to rock.

I'll get some better pics asap........that blue is awesome....I assume it's the "no grain filler" style as you can see a bit of grain through the blue.

Loving It!!!

NHTom

So.....got some time with it today.

Fresh strings and some work on the bridge and it's a joy to play. Dropped the action a little.......may try a little lower after I get the feel of it. Went over it and I'm thrilled with the condition, setup, etc.

Interesting enough, I found it's had a pickup swap.

Wzh9Aai.jpg

Not much info out there on it. I've joined a facebook group (waiting approval) that seems to know about the maker.

Either way, It sounds great.

NHTom

Archived