Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

On 9/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, sparquelito said:

Just got in from work. 
Flew a night mission. 

It was nice out there tonight. 
No rain, no storms, no low ceilings. 
Just good weather and a pleasant, terrific fellow to fly with. 

😗

Nice..

vpA54sJ.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

Swam 2km.

Made / baked bread.

Mowed lawn then did a bit more garden work.  Autumn is definitely here now.

And: N-G-D.   It's great.

But my camera needs a new battery so a thread and pics will have to wait  until I've sorted that out.

🎸[thumbup]

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 2

I've been putting together a small stereo system for a reading room and a used Rega Apollo CD player showed up today - this is the current version.

Boy, digital playback has really come a long way, this sounds really good.

gRSF61J.jpg

Edited by SteveFord
  • Like 1

Phoned the Tax Office to confirm my Gapital Gains Tax had been recieved. Dull huh? Boring? certainly. But...

This peace of mind this has brought is massive. Paying tax might be unpleasant (especially the amount I had to pay) but its great to know its confirmed & I no longer owe it.

This completes my house sale. I feel I have been working as a clerk for the Estate Agent, Solicitor and Accountant over the last few months (instead of the other way around). They have all been paid too and I now have much needed funds to prop up my pension. 

My son & his bride moved out of the house & into thier own in March this year. Its meant constant work for me ever since. In fact, its still not over because I have a tip run booked this afternoon to dispose of more stuff from that house. 

Prior to all this, I lived in that house for 25 years. Took it on when I was first married. So am I back to caring for one house again? Not quite. Cherry's place needs a lot of work. This retirement malarky can be exhausting.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I sold three electric guitars and one electric bass guitar today. 

The Latest Purge, in other words. 
Getting things down to a manageable number of instruments. 

Just in time for my new Jazzmaster to arrive tomorrow afternoon, I reckon. 

NGD post to follow tomorrow evening, I am sure. 
😬

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sparquelito said:

😬

Well done. I still have one left to sell. Looking forward to the impending annoucement 👌

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sparquelito said:

😬

Lessee..... you sold four instruments, but expecting one replacement.  Sorta like four steps forward, but one step back towards that "manageable number"  you're mentioning, right?  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

• Like 1

Not much today, hauled hay til 800 pm yesterday. Got less than 30 left up north, but with the rain today gonna be awhile before I can go again.

Been playing Scrabble Go lately, fun to play, go against 4 or 5 players at the same time teaching these scrabble puppies hard lessons. They keep coming back for their revenge, and lose again and again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Lessee..... you sold four instruments, but expecting one replacement.  Sorta like four steps forward, but one step back towards that "manageable number"  you're mentioning, right?  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

Yessir. 

Considering that I was up to 21 guitars at one point earlier this year, I'm happy to be settling in at 13 total, as of today's arrival of the Jazzmaster.  (Three acoustic/electrics, one solid body electric bass, one ukulele, one hollowbody electric, and seven solid-body electric six string guitars. )

It's still a daft and vexing addiction, but I feel like I'm making progress in reeling it in. 
😬

• Like 1

Regardless, I still know too many that have addictions they can't afford to support, either financially, health wise or both.   Which means; If your addiction is one that won't eventually kill you,  there's not much to worry about.  Unless you might lose your house or wife.  [wink]

Whitefang

Swam, then got totally rain-soaked on walk home. It was really chucking it down! Stair-rods as we say in the UK.

Played guitar, went for Covid booster jab.

Ate fish dinner and played more.

🎸

Edited by jdgm