SteveFord

Go To Guitar?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you rotate your guitars?

• Well, yeah
    • Hell no

On 11/1/2021 at 10:23 AM, jdgm said:

This absolutely.  

They're all fantastic.  At the moment I'm smitten with my most recent purchase of course!!

🎸[thumbup]

On 11/1/2021 at 1:17 PM, tx-ogre said:

That Wilshire is a sweet looking guitar.

On 11/1/2021 at 1:45 PM, SteveFord said:

It was good enough for Steve Marriott.  I never knew what the model was until mihcmac bought his.

On 11/2/2021 at 5:42 AM, Notes_Norton said:

A Wilshire and an SG with P-90s. Nice!

Although I'm not a collector, I appreciate a good collection.

Notes ♫

My three goto's each have P90 Pro's in them but each react a little different even though they have similar specs. Each with its own feel as the Blueshawk has a 25.5" SlimTaper, the Wilshire has very comfortable 24.72" Medium C and the SG Classic has a 24.72" 60's SlimTaper. My Wilshire seems to be the attention getter, people that see it frequently ask questions about it, seems to be the Belle of the Ball when I jam. 

AovIPtC.jpg

It is so close to the US Wishire, Coronet and Crestwood's I played back in the day.

Edited by mihcmac

Not sure I have one as I have quite a lot, but my 'go to' guitar at home lately has been a Cashimira Model 36 classical guitar as I've been learning stuff like La Catedral and Koyunbaba. For electrics I've been using 3 mainly in the last few months for recording and gigs - a 2013 Gibson SG Original, a 2008 Gibson Melody Maker '59 and a 2010 Epiphone ES 175 Reissue. 

• Like 2

Do I rotate my guitars… I play what I feel like playing at that time. No rhyme or reason to what I’ll pick. 

What’s my go-to guitar, probably my HH modified JB sig Strat or my Jackson Soloist which is also HH. I modified that one though to control splitting each pickup. I also like a floating trem. 

I have a lot of Gibsons but as nice as they are they aren’t as comfortable to play as a Strat bodied guitar to me. I also don’t feel like I need to be as careful handling my Strat body guitars as I do my Gibsons. Upper fret access is way easier with my Strat - especially the JB Strat with the heel shaved down. Only wish it had 24 frets. 

I don’t really care for Telecasters personally. I think they are nice looking and very versatile it they don’t fit me too well I feel… 

If I had a go-to Gibson guitar, it would be my R9 - no doubt. Best LP Gibson makes IMHO. 

• Like 1

Rotate playing them.  I keep a bunch on a rack I built so I have quick access to them.  That being said, the two I most play (equal time to both) are the 2015 Teye Super Coyote, and the Gibson 2000 Gary Moore Signature.

2015 Teye.JPG

2000 GM.JPG

Edited by CNJ
  • Like 2

I have about 17 or 18 right now, but the nicer ones generally stay in the cases most of the time. Some are on wall hangers and are easy to grab if I feel like it. Right now in my bedroom are my 1991 American Standard Strat and 2017 Les Paul Studio T. I am trying to sell the LP Studio because it has the slim neck profile and I prefer the thicker necks.  Out of all my Gibsons ( '91 SG Special; '01 SG Standard,; '10 LP Studio; '16 ES- Les Paul Special; and '17 Studio T) They ALL have the 50s neck profile except for the Studio T. Someday I hope to get a Les Paul Standard 50s.

• Like 1

I am now officially in Guitar Rotation mode.

Broke out the Martin this morning after two years of sitting, it just needed a small truss rod adjustment.  Here's an old pic of the thing before I pimped it out with ebony pins:

2EWXMXY.jpg

Edited by SteveFord
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Broke out the Martin this morning after two years of sitting, it just needed a small truss rod adjustment.  Here's an old pic of the thing before I pimped it out with ebony pins:

2EWXMXY.jpg

Beautiful Grain! After 2 years sitting it’s your go to Guitar! LOL! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveFord said:

2EWXMXY.jpg

Mine too. Same make and model. Mine is an '04. Pre-ebony pins as well.

flnzo2R.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 3

On 11/3/2021 at 8:47 AM, Twang Gang said:

I do try to rotate through and play them all.  That said, I don't play electric guitars much anymore so my LP and CS356 sit in their cases way too much.  Of my acoustics the newest one is getting a lot of play time and I'm using it Friday for a party gig.  But it's not just because it's new, I really like the sound and clarity of it.  So while I rotate though them the majority of playing is done on one of these:

FfHIVU5.jpg

Stunning!

• 2 weeks later...