Gibson Brands Forums

Never Do This!

Oops - My shop was getting flooded and I was moving some amps around really quickly and I yanked my reverb unit off a shelf and onto the concrete slab.  It got yanked by the cable and ended up right on it's top and bent the input jack.  Everything works like new.  Dimarzio cables are pretty tough.  Reverb unit is fine.  😁

fFQv5pM.jpg

• Like 1

I hope your shop recovers ok and glad the reverb unit was a-okay too.  sure does suck when this stuff happens.

about 15 or so years back...  when I used to leave cables plugged into guitars...,  my foot caught a cable that was plugged into one of my acoustics,,  resting a 3 guitar stand with 2 other acoustics.

from here you can only guess the massacre that was unfolding before my eyes.  Lucky for me they landed on a carpeted floor and only one guitar got a small ding on it which I was able to repair pretty easily.   could have been much worse.  I  learned a few lessons that day.

7 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

It's the external version of having that bag in the bottom of a Fender amp.  I'm guessing these were originally created to add reverb to amps like the Fender Bassman which doesn't have reverb built in. 

480553000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Yep, and they sound freakin awesome. 

13 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

It's the external version of having that bag in the bottom of a Fender amp.  I'm guessing these were originally created to add reverb to amps like the Fender Bassman which doesn't have reverb built in. 

480553000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Ah. Thanks. More than 10 years coming to these Forums and I'm still learning stuff. 🙂