Gibson Brands Forums

HRH Queen Elizabeth 2

IanHenry

She was still carrying out her duties 2 days ago when she met the new Prime Minister.  

I was born in 1954 so today is the 1st day of my life that she has not been there.  

It is the end of the second Elizabethan age and she will prove to be a very hard - impossible - act to follow.

History pauses for a moment.   This is a HUGE turning point for my country.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah its sad..  But she had quite a life and was 96 which isnt a bad run by any means (as said above)..  I do believe its better to celebrate a life rather than morn it when someone dies.

I think its even weirder for me at the moment that we now have a King Charles III .. 

Edited by Rabs

awesome run for The Lady,  may she be at peace.   I  just read of another Queen Elizabeth who was gifted 3 guitars in 1559 as a new years present, very popular instrument at the time- vintage for sure wherever they are...-and  now....Hail To The King !! 

She ascended to the throne in 1952 and was coronated in 1953 and since I was born in '50 she has been a presence around the world for just about my whole life.  My mother's side of my family were all British and in 1953 my great uncle sent me a commemorative 5 Shilling coin that by chance I just happened to come upon the other day and was reflecting on her long reign as Queen.  May she Rest In Peace, and Long Live King Charles.  

On 9/8/2022 at 9:45 PM, jdgm said:

She was still carrying out her duties 2 days ago when she met the new Prime Minister.  

I was born in 1954 so today is the 1st day of my life that she has not been there.  

It is the end of the second Elizabethan age and she will prove to be a very hard - impossible - act to follow.

History pauses for a moment.   This is a HUGE turning point for my country.

I was born in 1948 and remember the Coronation. Parties and games in the large cricket field at the back of our house. She is not gone, she is, and always will be in our hearts and memories. I pledged my allegiance to Her when I joined the police service; that allegiance will never go away.