Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday plans

uncle fester

It's mid 30s and rainy - supposed to be a rain snow mix today so my day is looking to be inside...  I expect to see  some guitar (a new lick to learn, a song I'm struggling through, and then the rest I'm smooooooothe on....) football, a puzzle, some computer time and then some more guitar...  waffles for dinner.

Anyone else?

Do laundry, clean up the garage some so I can at least walk through it, watch bits of SNL on the laptop, feed tortoises, monitor lizards and baby boa constrictors, conjugal visit, watch Meet The Press if it's on, wax motorcycle helmets, play guitar, watch football through my eyelids, clean up house some, get ready for work on Monday.

• Haha 1

Work on new styles for Band-in-a-Box. I've got 19 completed, working on the 20th. Then it's balance, find demo songs, record samples, create installation packages, update ls3 files and then work on 'fake disk' files.

Cold front came through, only expected to reach 78 today but it's raining so a good day to work on that project. No it won't get done today. Leilani and I are hoping to release 2 new style 'disks' and 3 new fake 'disks' in January or February. It's busy gigging/tourist season so I put work in when I can.

It's a good creative outlet for me.

Notes Norton

• Like 1

I live just north of Bill, had the same crappy weather.

I joined the orchestra and quartet  for the Montachusette Choral this fall (20 musicians in the whole orchestra, and about 60 voices in the choir) rehearsal for a December 8th concert was lat night.  I spent a few hours during the day rehashing the charts for the tunes I'm playing in.   Good thing I went prepared, the conductor must have gone heavy on the caffeine,  the tempos were much faster than the arrangements I was listening to.  It was cool tho, this was my first rehearsal.

Edited by kidblast

had a gig Friday night.  i like Fri gigs. leaves me the rest of the weekend to veg out, which I did with gusto. cleaned out my guitar closet, organized stuff, worked on a few new tunes, drank a few beers, had copious amounts of coffee. 

fixed a friends Tele. bad wiring,  couple shorts.  did a minor set up on it. 

Edited by Karloff

5 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

Flipped the calendar,  realized I turn 69 today,  had a cup of Joe,  egg and toast.  After church I'll probably watch football, and scratch my sack.  

😫🤠y

Happy Birthday to you...  scratch it an extra time today!

4 hours ago, NePb said:

Doing some 3D printing.

Cool

5 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

Flipped the calendar,  realized I turn 69 today,  had a cup of Joe,  egg and toast.  After church I'll probably watch football, and scratch my sack.  

😫🤠y

Many Happy Returns jax......

🎂

8 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

😫🤠y

Happy Birthday.  May you have many more.

I spent most of the day dodging in-laws lurking around our house for several hours.  Watched the Dallas Stars hockey game and then spent some quality time “bottom-dwelling” on my 6 string bass.

Happy birthday Jax!

I walked 6.5 miles, met my wife after her therapy (she's a psychologist and believes in her field), ate a dozen oysters with her then came home and cooked prime rib, cauliflower and creamed spinach. Life is good today!

• Like 1

Thanks for the Birthday wishes guy's,  that's what I like about this place. 

My wife was sick with a head cold, I had reheated beans and ground beef on a tortilla and watched the newly released movie The Irishman on Netflix,  over 3 hours long but a great flick.  Some earlier FB, so all in all its been a good day,  another year without spending money on a bailsman!   Whoopie! 

• 4 weeks later...

Going to the Ravens game today. Final game of the regular season against arch rival Steelers. Supposed to be rainy, so my wife is already complaining and it's still hours away. 😩

Should be fun though, since stadium will most likely have a lot of Steelers fans. It's always fun talking smack back and forth with them.  Of course work tomorrow might be a little rough. 

I'm waiting for my Hagström Fantomen. GAS! So I'll sit around and watch YouTube videos of it and drool.

And try to come up with a chorus for a song I'm working on. I laid down a verse and a bridge yesterday, and boy do they suck. So I have to come up with a chorus that's as bad, and I feel confident that I will.

Nothing like a bit of confidence.