Gibson Brands Forums

TV?

LarryUK

What TV do you watch?  I'm finding I watch more on YouTube that normal TV now. I watch Netflix and Amazon, but get bored with the rubbish films. 

I watch review videos, cars and guitars, then Bigfoot etc. I like the Pooter and funny videos too. I watched 'An audience with Spike Milligan' last night. So good. 

Over here, The Science Channel - supposed to be all sciency - has UFO shows, The Arts & Entertainment Channel - supposed to be all artsy - has Moonshiners drawl-puking or, like, gator farmers driving Septic Tank pumping trucks or something.  I just watch WWII documentaries, the same ones , over and over, on the Hitler Channel.

When we were kids, we'd watch football and then go outside at halftime and throw the ball around.  Now, my wife watches the British Baking Show, and at halftime, I whip up a box of brownies. 

Edited by badbluesplayer

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

Now, my wife watches the British Baking Show, and at halftime, I whip up a box of brownies. 

Love the British Baking Show!

We watch mostly Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu...  with the key to finding something is finding a series with a lot of seasons.  Just finished a new 1 season show on netflix 'locke and key' - pretty good, felt they sold out the season finale though.

I watched a lot of Music on YouTube. Or did until a month or so ago. They made some changes that completely ruined it for me. I no longer have all the Tutorials & various genres of Music Video Playlists I've assembled over the past few years. I'm watching YouTube far less now..

I wish there was a way to return it to the old format....

I do watch a lot of YouTube & Netflix.  Ray Donovan,  the Punisher (series).  random guitar videos on YouTube.  my wife watches the Hallmark channel. I'll suffer through that if the actress is attractive.  lots of time I'll pop some old cheesy horror flick in. 

Edited by Karloff
  • Like 1

We have a few series we watch on regular TV - The Walking Dead, Evil, Nancy Drew, 911, some music stuff on Axxess, The Mandalorian on Disney. Most of the time I'm playing my guitar, she's playing her flute or we're playing with the band. We usually DVR our TV shows and watch them during the day on Saturdays and Sundays. We watch the occasional movie on Netflix, HBO or Amazon Prime. What kills me is that we have over 2000 channels with the various media and they play the same crap over and over.

I get cable from Spectrum that seems to have a monopoly here on the island, but just the base package for network channels. We stream Prime, Netflix, Disney, Hulu and YouTube most of the time. I have been watching shows like The Expanse, Outpost,  Hunted, Madam Secretary, Better Call Saul, Elementary and lots of documentaries including lots of WW2 docs.

I have a good sized DVD collection of Action/ SiFi with good CGI effects...

Edited by mihcmac

Haven’t really watched mainstream tv for about 5 years now,have the radio on all the time and read a lot.

My granddaughter uses the tv more than us, the only time I have the tv on is to watch the football (soccer for the Americans);and then it’s only for the games i don’t go to,so just for the team I follow.

I don’t miss any of the programs or type of movies i used to watch,but i still don’t get the time to practice guitar as much as i should.

We use pay and free streaming services (fuboTV, Roku Channel, PlutoTV and Netflix).  I watch mostly sports, and history/documentary programming.  The wife watches the Hallmark Channels, the “bright idea/it’s easy” channels (HGTV, FYI, etc.) and all shows about the frozen tundra of Alaska and northwest Canada.  Which is strange for someone who hates cold weather and absolutely hated the time she lived in Michigan and Minnesota.

We still watch some regular TV.  Local news, occasional network shows. I like to watch Jeopardy after work. I watched Viking on History Channel. 

On Netflix I've watched the shows Ozark, The Ranch, Sex Education and some others.

Now days I find myself watch more YouTube. Obviously a lot of music content. Also view several podcasts and live stream call-in type shows.    

On 2/21/2020 at 9:30 PM, labomba said:

The wife is constantly watching ID channel. I’ll come out of the music room and she gives me these funny looks alot of the time and it seems that its always an episode that the wife is murdering her husband. 🤪

Haha Does she have any guns? Mine wanted her conceal carry license but didn't have a gun. I told her she could use my FN57. It comes with 3-20 round magazines and shoots so great, any woman could hit her target. She loves that gun so much she will never give it up. Yeah, I'd be careful if I were you, LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Retired said:

Haha Does she have any guns? Mine wanted her conceal carry license but didn't have a gun. I told her she could use my FN57. It comes with 3-20 round magazines and shoots so great, any woman could hit her target. She loves that gun so much she will never give it up. Yeah, I'd be careful if I were you, LOL

Hahaha. Before I retired I was in the antiques and collectibles business and I’d be traveling a lot and I bought her a little .25 auto that she still has. She don’t know where I keep the .357 Lol

• Like 1