Gibson Brands Forums

My Band Got Covid and, Uh, Where Am I?

badbluesplayer

So our band caught COVID February 1st.  The trombone guy gave it to us.  Wouldn't you know it, lol.  [laugh]

And the two vocalists, me and Mack, got kind of sick.  Sniffles, tired, swimmy-headed and stuffed up.  His wife's a practicing physician, so he has to test himself every time he gets a sniffle.  I was going to the dentist the same day he tested positive, so I tested myself and was positive.  I remember trying to work on my breathing the day we got exposed, lol. 

One other guy was sick but didn't test himself - his ears are still stuffed up, so he probably caught it too.  And the other guy probably was asymptomatic.

We're all doing fine, except everybody's head isn't still quite unstuffed.

And you should see my strutting around WalMart now without my mask on, talking to everybody like some old guy that just got off a desert island.   I'm all "Morning ma'am", in my smooth baritone...  Mr. Antibody Studman.  👉

Hope you don't give someone Covid that is immune compromised sick.... That would suck.

Just me, but if I knew I had Covid, I would avoid people until I wasn't contagious.

But it is nice to not have to wear a mask. for the first time in two years I went maskless in a grocery store last weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duane v said:

Hope you don't give someone Covid that is immune compromised sick.... That would suck.

Just me, but if I knew I had Covid, I would avoid people until I wasn't contagious.

But it is nice to not have to wear a mask. for the first time in two years I went maskless in a grocery store last weekend. 

Our son gave the wife and I COVID on Thanksgiving, 2020.    We both just laid up at home until we got well.

Unfortunately, I gave it to my sister, who was house-sitting while we were away....and she gave it to our other sister who she lives with...and that sister is something we were very afraid of, since she was just recovering from an ugly cancer....but we are all okay.

We dont have to wear masks any more but I still do when I am in a shop...  I dont care what the government say, its still around and they have started talking about a new variant and a new spike already...   The way I see it, while its not exactly fun wearing a mask does me no harm and can only help..  Things will have to get a lot better before I stop... It seems silly to me after all this effort over the last couple of years to stop now, and this whole thing for me has been about keeping my mum safe which I will continue to do to the best of my ability...

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rabs said:

We dont have to wear masks any more but I still do when I am in a shop...  I dont care what the government say, its still around and they have started talking about a new variant and a new spike already...   The way I see it, while its not exactly fun wearing a mask does me no harm and can only help..  Things will have to get a lot better before I stop... It seems silly to me after all this effort over the last couple of years to stop now, and this whole thing for me has been about keeping my mum safe which I will continue to do to the best of my ability...

I don't mind the masks at all. Even without COVID, it's still cold and flu season. 

If you got it Feb 1st, you should be over it by now - but might not want to throw all caution to the wind.  I know a fellow that lives near me who had it twice (different variants I guess) like you he thought he was immune, but he wasn't.  We haven't worn masks down here in SC for a long time and I guess the CDC or some govt. agency has declared that they are not federally mandated anymore as of the begining of March, but I flew to Arizona and back a week ago and the airlines and airport still required everyone to wear one.  It was a pain, but I really didn't want to be cooped up with a couple hundred stangers for several hours so didn't mind it really.

Odd how the virus has taken a back seat in importance since the invasion of Ukraine.

2 of my band have currently got it. 

I'm still wearing a mask in shops. 

The numbers are going up again over here since they relaxed the rules.

It may be that we are more likely to get it now than ever.....[sad]

In my opinion, nearly every human being on Earth has been infected with covid19 and/or it's more recent variants, probably twice or thrice. 
It's the nature of things, it's how it goes. 

Many humans are asymptomatic, many display very mild symptoms, many get sort of sick, some get really sick, and sadly, a comparatively small number perish. 

I'm absolutely not meaning to sound cavalier, and I'm certainly not political, in any way. 
Just stating what I believe to be the simple truth. 
This, after consulting over the years with two close friends who are physicians, a close lady friend who is a Nurse Practitioner,  and three Flight Surgeons with whom I regularly fly. 
I don't listen to (or trust) a single thing being put out on the subject by any of the news outlets. 

For the record, my wife and I were both infected with the original strain in February of 2020, and just a couple of months ago with the strain that presents much like a head cold. 
Both vaccinated, both boosted, in between those two events. 
We are grateful to be in the category of humans who only suffered mild symptoms. 

God bless all of you who had it either better or worse. 
I wish for you only continued good health. 
🤫

I have young kids and I have been sick on and off since Christmas. As a matter of fact I right now have a stomach bug. I woke up at 4 am puking and pooping nonstop. This was after I spent all night cleaning up after the kids who had the same crap and evidently gave it to me. Not going to lie I feel like dog poop… laid in bed all day long and that’s all I can do. 

I can’t say for sure but we may have had the omicron because as I said we have all been sick on and off for quite a while. Kids…

I know I had it last August. Lost taste and smell with a positive PCR to boot. Weird feeling to lose smell and taste… glad it came back. 

Stay well all, this BS ain’t over. 

5 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

If you got it Feb 1st, you should be over it by now - but might not want to throw all caution to the wind.  I know a fellow that lives near me who had it twice (different variants I guess) like you he thought he was immune, but he wasn't.  We haven't worn masks down here in SC for a long time and I guess the CDC or some govt. agency has declared that they are not federally mandated anymore as of the begining of March, but I flew to Arizona and back a week ago and the airlines and airport still required everyone to wear one.  It was a pain, but I really didn't want to be cooped up with a couple hundred stangers for several hours so didn't mind it really.

Odd how the virus has taken a back seat in importance since the invasion of Ukraine.

People from SC do what is right come on now. The only thing they will do is drink, drive around in golf carts while drinking and love them some Trump.

Me. Never vaccinated (I don't trust it).  Everyone I know has gotten Covid at least once. Both pre and post vaccination. I wear a mask in any indoor public place. I was visiting my mom for a month ( during the first peak of infections) at a hospital with Covid patients on her floor. I've never had any symptoms. So, I don't know if I was ever infected.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I have young kids and I have been sick on and off since Christmas. As a matter of fact I right now have a stomach bug. I woke up at 4 am puking and pooping nonstop.

Not all at once I hope.  that would REALLY suck!   My toilet's too far from the bathtub for me to reach if I had that happen.

18 hours ago, jdgm said:

2 of my band have currently got it. 

I'm still wearing a mask in shops. 

Me too, depending on whether there's a sign on the door or not.  And how large or small the particular shop is.

The Dunkin' Donut place near me has a sign on it's door with a drawing of a person wearing a face mask that reads, "Please cover your face".   I mentioned it to the girl at the counter and quipped:   "People have been telling me to do that for years!"  [wink]

Whitefang

I'm of the opinion that we're all going to get it. Its just a matter of time. When we do, hopefully the shots will have prepared us for it. We raced to produce & distribute the vaccines. The Australians bought themselves some time with their border controls. 

Every one I know now that's had Covid recently have had mild tolerable symptoms. At the start of it I knew someone who died from it. All his organs shut down. A dreadful shame.

@Whitefang it was all at the same time lol. I sat on the can while holding onto the trash bucket… lovely haha! Still have no appetite and slight fever so hoping I get some relief later today. I’m not puking anymore thankfully. Oh man I really hate spewing. 

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I'm of the opinion that we're all going to get it. Its just a matter of time. When we do, hopefully the shots will have prepared us for it. 

I hear ya!  I did it by the book.  Got three shots and then got winged by the virus and isolated.  Just like it's supposed to happen.  Now I'm a barrier to transmission.  🚧 "Mr. Barrier" to the COVID virus.  🤠

On 3/16/2022 at 12:43 PM, Big Bill said:

This is why I say you should never open mouth kiss your band mates!

Haha....Big Bill, You make me laugh.   And you do have a serious point there too.  Boy, that Covid does spread like wildfire doesn't it?  

I've gotten vaccine and booster. I've either avoided catching it so far, or have just been asymptomatic.  I've used the home test twice and negative both times. 

I've seen so many of these conspiracy theorist anti vaxers end up dying from it. Like that Washington State Trooper who famously quit and told the governor to kiss his a @@. 

I started to get worried about a week ago when I started coughing and my chest was getting congested, fortunately I have few at home test kits and tested negative. Feeling better coughing has stopped, still a little congested.