Gibson Brands Forums

What are you wanting for Christmas?

Mr. Gibson

My list is pretty easy. I always focus on family first and work to make them happy and try to surprise them at least a little bit by getting them things they want and have mentioned. If they have a good Christmas, that's ultimately what makes me happy. I could also say the usual "world peace and prosperity" and try to do my part to make things better for people around me. But, when asked what material things I would like, new Chorus pedal since mine broke. Walking Dead comic books (I have compilation books 1-8) and those are always a good idea. Guitar strings are always great, of course. I mostly just want to spend time with friends and family. I'm not a very materialistic person and it's hard to come up with gift ideas for people to get for me because I'd always rather think of others before myself. I treated myself to a couple of really nice guitars this year and I'm thankful I was able to do so. Music and movies are always good too.

My wife, as it happens, asked me that question this very evening.

I really want nothing. I am old enough that if I want something I can get it...
...I always focus on family first and work to make them happy...If they have a good Christmas, that's ultimately what makes me happy...

I agree - and empathise - with both of these sentiments 100%.

By my stage in life (late-'50s) I pretty much have all I need and the things I 'want-but-don't-have' are going to be way out on the far side, financially-speaking, of a Xmas pressie.

I was going to ask for another Heistercamp strap but they have completely changed their stock, styles and colours I absolutely HATE the new colour-range just as strongly as I loved the old colour-range.

Pip.

A 25 year old Barbie Benton would be nice but that's not going to happen.

I would also like one more electric and possibly another acoustic but not this year.

Instead, I'm in the process of buying my retirement gift, a 2011 Triumph Sprint GT motorcycle.

I'll post pics of the blessed event once it's home in the garage.

I'm good.

I have all I need.

All of our Christmas presents are bought, paid for, and wrapped.

A day before my wife's daughter and son-in-law show up from NYC, I'll plug in the tree and hang some lights in the front windows.

And oh yeah, before I forget, this arrived last month, but it remains unopened and unpackaged from Sweetwater.

(From my wife. )

I'll open it on Christmas morning and act delightfully surprised.

[tongue]

LPSEGSBC1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=410&width=1000

My kids always spend too much on me so this year I laid down the law: From one, I want a package of three wooden spoons from the supermarket or dollar store. I like wooden spoons to cook with or make sandwiches with. From the other I want a pair of cotton work gloves. Yellow fuzzy ones with navy blue wrist bands. Cost about three bucks and I can get a couple months of hard wear out of them.

Let's see what they do with THAT request.

My wife insists on getting me something nice, so I told her I want a Tecsun PL660 shortwave radio. In the 70s I enjoyed DX-ing with old tube AM radios. Since AM is dead, I need to go shortwave. I will soon be pulling the plug on cable tv and it might be fun to listen to an analog signal that isn't....mainstream.

Nothing really. I have or can get what I want and Deb already went out and bought me some clothes, 3 chairs for my Art Room. I only wanted one, something like a cheap bar stool for playing the guitar is all, she wanted to sit in here too so I have 2 great comfortable chairs with a nice back that I can sit by my amp and play.

Want? Well a nice guitar or two would be very nice. Need? Nothing at my time of life and given my current poor health, Christmas with the family is the only thing on my list of wants. Ironic isn't it, for the first time in my life I've got all the time to learn practice, I just don't have the strength in my body. I hope Santa brings nice things to those boys and girls who have been good this year.

I really want nothing. I am old enough that if I want something I can get it. If I know I need to save for or put it on lay-away I can do that too.

I feel the same, hell I feel like every day is Christmas from the commercial stand point. I am not a real religious person but I would love to see Christmas get back to being more about the true meaning rather than what we want or need. Spend some time with family.

I feel the same, hell I feel like every day is Christmas from the commercial stand point. I am not a real religious person but I would love to see Christmas get back to being more about the true meaning rather than what we want or need. Spend some time with family.

Christmas is really fun with your kids when they get old enough to open presents and ask Santa, etc. They bring the joy into Christmas IMHO. Christmas means different things to different people as we age. As I get older, it does become more about family than presents as it was when I was a kid. I used to bank when I was a kid, but now I am one, haha! I don't care, I love it msp_biggrin.gif

I don't have much family left, and what I have are over 900 miles away. I am not fond of driving north at Xmas through the mountains and potential ice/snow etc. so will probably spend the holiday by myself or with local friends. But I did buy myself a Xmas gift. I ordered a Digitech Trio. Not the new fancy Trio+, just the original model that puts down a bass line and drum beat after you play some chords into it. They were about $200 when they came out a couple years ago, dropped to $100, but now for Black Friday they were blowing them out at $49.95. I figured I had to be able to have $50 worth of fun with it.

It's not suitable as a performance tool, and I've heard the samples are not of the highest quality but should be good for practice and goofing around. I think I can string it into a looper as well and have my own little backing band for practicing leads.

I don't have much family left, and what I have are over 900 miles away. I am not fond of driving north at Xmas through the mountains and potential ice/snow etc. so will probably spend the holiday by myself or with local friends. But I did buy myself a Xmas gift. I ordered a Digitech Trio. Not the new fancy Trio+, just the original model that puts down a bass line and drum beat after you play some chords into it. They were about $200 when they came out a couple years ago, dropped to $100, but now for Black Friday they were blowing them out at $49.95. I figured I had to be able to have $50 worth of fun with it.

It's not suitable as a performance tool, and I've heard the samples are not of the highest quality but should be good for practice and goofing around. I think I can string it into a looper as well and have my own little backing band for practicing leads.

Picked one up a week ago. (Black Friday deal at GC). Let me tell you, best 50 bucks I've ever spent. My fingers went raw playing with this little "band in a box". And bonus....this drummer can count to four.

I've just returned from a 'pretend' Xmas celebration in Somerset (Tinsel & Turkey) with the lovely ladies from our 'ex-carers' group. We danced til midnight every night for 4 days. That definitely makes me the luckiest bloke I know right now. So anything from here on is just a bonus [flapper]

20zz7tz.jpg

15phlhg.jpg

That said, there are a couple of USA guitars that I cant stop thinking about. I just may have to visit my favourite guitar shop this week... [crying][unsure][mellow][smile][lol]

Okay, crisis averted... See the other post...I want health and happiness for me and everyone close to me. And most others.

I wish more money would be spent on eradicating homelessness, too. A little more equality regarding where the tax money goes over here in Sweden.

Archived