Gibson Brands Forums

Your Other Passion?

Digger

By your very involvement here we know you are interested in guitars. But what else stirs your blood? (regretting writing that already)

What are you're other passions? No, not that silly, I meant hobbies~

For me it's been fishing since I was 8 years old. I'm blessed to live in an area full of natural beauty and surrounded by rivers, lakes and ocean. I can go fishing every day if I want to, even got fish in my dam!!

I also enjoy photography and many of my photos are used as references for art works by my wife and friends who are all artists.

So photos would be nice if you want to share them?

Alternatively are there things that you have always wanted to do but haven't yet?

What are you're other passions? No, not that silly, I meant hobbies~

In a bit of the doldrums right now but have been keen on photography, cycling, telemark skiing, canoeing, backpacking... prematurely getting out of shape and have slowed down on the adventure pursuits but guitar and camera entertain me. Not into computers so I don't know how to post pictures.

When about photography, you kick at an open door here... ;)

Here are two of my personal favorites among the photos I took throughout my life. I hope there won't appear problems due to personal rights of the persons on one of them.

Camera: Rollei 35 SE, HFT Sonnar 40mm/2.8 lens, and for the first one Metz Mecablitz 32 BCT 1 electronic flash.

Film: Kodacolor Gold 200 - 135 film. Scanned from ca. 10 x 15 cm² photos. Film (well, all in all lots of films...) processed and prints made by a 2 hour service in downtown Calgary on Tuesday, 1st September 1993.

Confusion At YYC In 1993: After arrival in the evening of Friday, 13th August 1993 at Calgary International Airport (YYC), Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Own work. Crazy blind shot with the camera held up high.

ConfusionAtYYC1993_zpsb8a45d6c.jpg

Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada, In 1993: In the morning of Saturday, 14th August 1993, with Mount Victoria (Bow Range, Canadian Rockies), Alberta/British Columbia (boundary following continental divide) and Victoria Glacier, Alberta, Canada, in the background

Own work. Weird contrast range due to deep hanging clouds in the middle ground, hiding Fairview Mountain to the left and the higher mountain forest to the right.

LakeLouise1993_zpse17be19f.jpg

Some favorites of mine..

My youngest on Littlehampton Beach West Sussex..

21577702019_75d38b3b85_c.jpgOliver 2015 by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

Glencoe Scotland...

14864889057_5603f1398f_c.jpgRidges of Gearr Aenoch by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

14864786810_4616cddb4e_c.jpgBuachaille Etive Mor by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

My Baby!!!

14704250016_e033f794e4_c.jpgGibson 2006 Les Paul G0, Flightburst. by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

Regards

Up until a couple of years ago, this was my other "hobby" for 20+ years. Finally gave it up due to the short amount of track time, long travel distances to get there/back, etc. And you think guitars are expensive LOL!

F2000RedYel_zps897caf63.jpg

Anything R.C. that flies, prevalent being airplanes, specifically WW2 Fighters...love scalin' (scale flying) 'em...got a few Helicopters in the hangar...

Eggbeaterz_zpsd0e91e27.jpg

this is only a fraction of the planes...

downsized_Image010720142034541_zps88da0890.jpg

that's just a few...

Easy one here. My dogs.

c0f494df.jpg

...and my werewolf.

Bertiegarden2_zpsb6b2146f.jpg

Here is is many years back...

lon.jpg

a man after my own heart !!

in approximate order....

my wife

our 5 K9 kids

fishing/canoeing

American Frontier History and collecting Frontier era Firearms. (late Frontier c. 1860-1900)

My family and pets, I guess is an obvious answer. But other than that...

I'm not sure if I would go as far as calling it a "passion" but I've always been somewhat of a history buff. I love to visit historic sites, museums, read books and watch programs dealing with history. Especially the American Civil War period, but all history fascinates me. Related interest include archaeology, geology, evolution, astronomy,...you know anything my wife thinks is boring. :rolleyes:

Archived