Gibson Brands Forums

So how many Gibsons, or Gibson brands, do you own?

JimB1

Just wondering what other folks have. Currently my collection contains the following:

• Gibson J-45
  • Gibson ES Les Paul
  • Epiphone Joe Bonnamasa Les Paul Goldtop
  • Epiphone B.B. King Lucille (new 2021 model 👍

I think I have all the basics covered but a Gibson maple jumbo of some sort is still on my wish list 🙂 

What does your collection contain? Anything you still want that you haven’t gotten yet or maybe had and foolishly sold off? 
-Jim

I have 14 guitars - all solid body electrics. 2 are Fender, 1 is Jackson, the others are Gibsons. I noted earlier that my go-to guitars are the Strat and Soloist, but that’s just because I’ve been on a shred trip these days. Strange because I can hear how much better the Gibsons sound, but my go-to gits just feel more comfortable to get started practicing. That and I nicely modded my Strat and Soloist… so not looking at the moment for anything new. I talked with @SteveFord about getting a 335 next and when I get the bug, probably what’s gonna happen haha!

21 Gibsons and 14 Epiphones. I think this means I need to seek help. I stopped buying more about 4 years ago, because I was running out of space and thought it might have got excessive. I'd never sell my first 3 guitars or some of the special ones I have like my ES-5 Switchmaster or '57 Reissue LP Custom. There's still some I'd like, but I'd have to sell some first I think. 

• Like 1

Ach,  just a 49 year old Epiphone FT-145 and an 11 year old Washburn 12-string.

But with a long respect for the Gibson brand,  just for kicks(since I'm not a pro) I'm looking to acquire an actual '68 LP goldtop,  or a close year reissue someday.  [wink]

Whitefang

Again, having only one Gibson guitar, (2001 j-45), and only five guitars in total makes me Guitar-challenged in relation to most of the Fans here.

However, since Gibson has determined that guitars with two soundholes are twice as better than those with just one, rumour has it they're bringing out yet another addition to the seemingly never-to-end j-45 family, the Emmenthal Commemorative model, which is covered in sound holes, and maybe after the Fans extol its virtues, I'll trade my D-28 and get one.

Just kidding. No way I'd trade the Martin for any Gibson regardless of how many soundholes it has.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

I'm up to ten Gibson's and one Epi.

Les Paul Standard Sunburst

Les Paul Classic Goldtop

Les Paul Traditional Mahogany top

ES 335 (Walnut)

Firebird 5 (Vintageburst)

Explorer (Natural)

Limited Edition Flying V (Natural)

Midtown Standard (Vintageburst)

SG special (Vintageburst)

Melody Maker (White)

Epiphone Firebird 7 (Vintageburst)

10 Gibsons plus one on order

I’ve cut back a lot this past year 

L5, F5L, Super 400, Doves in Flight, ‘52 J45, ‘42 LG1, Nick Lucas, ‘32 L00 Reissue, 1942 SJ Banner (new version), Chet Atkins Country Gentleman

Edited by Dave F

I have 5 Gibson electrics (2 LPs, 2 SGs and an ES-335), all purchased new between 2003 and 2007.  I also had a Gibson Firebird VII, the only Gibson I purchased used and the only one I ever sold.  (Needed money to upgrade my bass rig.)

I’ve got seven Gibsons.   Had eight, but sold my J15 to a friend.  I have a J45TV, Hummingbird, Dove, J200, Southern Jumbo, AJ, and a Walnut J100.   Also, have an Alvarez, Yamaha, Gretch Squareneck, a couple banjos, and some ukes and a flock of harmonicas.  I still might get me a Martin Johnny Cash D35…….My wife says, as I suspect many wives do, that you can only play one guitar at a time, but as we all know, that has nothing to do with wanting a particular guitar.  Anyway, I love playing music.

I’ll have to count.. I don’t know… I do need to take inventory… I know I’ve got several Guitars, not only Gibsons,  that don’t get played that I should sell & replace them with some that would..

Edited by Larsongs