Gibson Brands Forums

Rest In Peace, our best friend

sparquelito

It has taken me a week to post this. The grief of losing someone close to you comes in waves, apparently, and isn’t one clean, neat wall that you climb over, and then put behind you.

Last Sunday we lost our best buddy and the bands drummer, Bob Fillman, to cancer.

Bob was the heartbeat of the band, a talented and cheerful musician, and one of the most gentle, kind men I have ever known.

There’s a big hole in my heart, and I wish only to honor his memory.

Rest in peace, Bobber.

We love you.

:(

072939.jpg

So sorry to hear this Sparky and at least his suffering is over now.

I’ve been through this a few times with close friends and it’s bloody hard.

Think of the good times and never forget him!

My sincere condolences Sparky.

The guy actually does look a nice fella in the pic. But you knew him and that's what counts. As someone said above - a lot of us are getting old and the inevitable awaits all of us. But for those left behind it is always hard.

Many condolences.

2018 has been very cruel so far; one of my oldest friends from my record store days in the early '70s passed on Feb 9th - cancer.

Yesterday I discovered that another old friend who I went to school with, has also been diagnosed with inoperable stomach cancer.

It's all good.

I appreciate all the kind words and the wisdom from those of you still grieving from your own losses.

We are admittedly an older group of guys, and there's no denying that we'll suffer even more passings in the years to come.

Thanks to all for letting me vent.

It's all part of the process I guess.

Prayers and good wishes to all.

:)

My great friend from high school and I stayed close over the years and in our mid 40's with very little musical experience decided to start a rock band - with him on drums which he'd never played. 3 years later and still having a blast - I'd hate to lose him after 2/3 of our lives as mates, so I relate to and appreciate your grief. Best wishes.

Archived