Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: Sunrise Teaburst 1959 RI 60th Anniversary

NighthawkChris

Hi all, making this post to share my latest acquisition here.  I had to sell a few things to get myself some funds towards this bad boy and I am really happy that I did. 

YsHs1Ml.jpg

XBmpNB5.jpg

jiUf1Ov.jpg

I have to say that hands down, this is the nicest playing and sounding guitar I have ever played...  I've heard people saying that CS Gibson R9s are definitely an expensive investment, but they also claimed that they are well worth every penny.  Love the soft VOS finish on it, the aged HW, Custombucker tone...  And the top speaks for itself.  Anyhow, glad to share my pics here.  Enjoy! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Having never owned a Custom Shop my opinion is somewhat limited. But I will say this. I believe a Custom Shop Les Paul is the finest guitar money can buy-period. If I owned that guitar I would be on cloud nine. Enjoy it my friend.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I had to sell a few things to get myself some funds towards this bad boy and I am really happy that I did.

Awesome guitar Chris!....and hey, that extra space in the left side of your pants will probably be welcomed in the heat of summer.

rock on!

• Like 1